Chapter 37

This book is dedicated to every one of my readers. I love you all for the support you have shown this humble book and it's crazy nutty author and for your patience as I prepare to move. You guys are the BESTEST!

le Fey's class was brutal and humiliating all at the same time. le Fey had devised a way to punish her for being late and wasting her precious time that was wickedly brilliant on a whole new level.

She devised a timed trial of drawing a tele-glyph in less than a minute. Lauren couldn't even get it partially drawn before her time ran out, but le Fay made her do it over and over again.

You'd think by the end of class she would have gotten marginally better but just the opposite happened. Her arm was so tired from holding it up against the wall that she couldn't stop it from shaking.

Her drawings started looking more and more like a kindergartner had drawn them and le Fay just took the time to criticize her more. She felt like the brunt of everyone's joke by the end of the period.

Angry tears stung her eyes by the end of the class, but she steadfastly refused to give le Fay the satisfaction of seeing her breakdown.

When she looked up from the board and saw Zach staring at her only to see him quickly turn away. It felt like someone had sucker punched her in the gut. He couldn't even give her a small smile or a little bit of encouragement. That was what stung the most. She realized in that moment she really had lost her best friend.

This time when the bell finally rang, she was so mad; she picked up her books and left him in her dust.

Lauren spent the rest of the day seething. She couldn't wait for training. She had some aggression to get out. Lord help whoever they paired her up with to spare against.

She thought I pity the fool and cracked up.

***********************************************

When training rolled around she was itching for a fight and couldn't even relax during meditation.

Long seeming to sense her agitation paired her with the best fighter in their training class a big lanky 5th year Diwata He was a cocky sucker who never lost a fight. Taller than Zach and three times faster than her, on his best day.

She smirked when she thought: oh but this was not his best day.

She began to walk the outskirts of the mat smiling at him devilishly while she went over her knowledge of the species.

They were native to the Philippines. They were strong, excellent fighters, fast and beautiful if she had to be honest. Her opponent had the palest of skin, smooth as silk, and long luscious limbs. He had fair curly hair and his eyes were the crystal blue of a Caspian Sea.