Chapter 27

Dylan: The Celtic (Welsh) Sea God. Son of the waves and Lord of the Sea.  

That evening after training the gang met again in the library, but this time they had good news to share. Donnie couldn't believe their luck. They were lucky to have a team member with Lauren's intellect. He hadn't even come to that conclusion and he probably never would have. He would have completely overlooked that advantage, and probably exhausted all other avenues as well.

It was unfortunate that intelligence seemed to run in the family, because Liam was turning out to be at least two steps ahead of them at every turn. Remarkably at times they had even been tricked into doing his dirty work for him.

Not this time though, this time they truly had him. If they got their hands on the scabbard they would be nothing he could throw at them that they wouldn't be able to survive. He was getting more excited about the prospect by the minute. A caged cat is an unhappy cat. He couldn't wait to be free to stretch his legs and explore.

His thoughts were interrupted by a bout of loud whining from Xander's direction, "But Lauren, I don't see why she has to use my phone. She's clearly nervous about calling her Dad and she's going to fry it for sure." He pouted, "The last time Kelly insisted on using my phone I lost all my contacts."

Xander, none of us have a phone. I had to stop using mine three months ago. We need your phone." Lauren held out her hand palm up and waited.

It looked like she knew he would come to his senses, but it took him long enough to do it, finally he said with a huff, "Okay. Okay but I'm not really happy about this next time we're using a landline.

Lauren took the phone from his hand with a, "thanks Xan you're a saint," she blew him a kiss. Then she looked around at all their friends with a well what are you waiting for expression until they clued in and chimed, "Thanks Xander."

He seemed placated by being needed and with them seeming to recognize his sacrifice. Donnie made a mental note that the guy really wasn't that bad. Maybe they could even be friends someday, but only if he learned to treat his Bella Donna as she deserved.

Megan had to look up her father's business number online before she dialed which showed how often they talked. When she looked up and saw everyone looking at her quizzically she said, "What? We're working on it, okay?"

Donnie noticed she sounded more than a little indignant.

The phone rang and she went through the usual hoops – the receptionist and then his personal secretary -- before she was finally transferred to her dad. Her hand trembled a bit while she waited on hold. Donnie wasn't surprised that the music that played while she waited impatiently was Vivaldi. The Welsh Lord of the Sea was probably older than dirt. Classical wasn't a huge leap. Maybe he didn't even know the current top forty.