Learning Sindarin (Lindir)

Imagine Lindir teaching you Sindarin with all his patience.

Disclaimer: This fic is inspired by an imagine I saw posted by imaginexhobbit and was like I feel a need to write this. I don't own any of the characters nor the plot.

Author:Mare

A/N: The italicized Sindarin is said perfectly, the regular font is said with a weird accent, and bold the reader has just butchered the Sindarin language. Also it might stink.

You were the only human in the fellowship and Lord Elrond made it very clear that if you wanted you could stay in Rivendell. You moved to Rivendell and became fast friends with Lindir. All your time there you would hear various conversations in a language that was foreign to you. You had asked Lindir to teach you Sindarin and he readily agreed. That was until you actually started.

Lindir: Y/N we're going to start with simple greeting phrases. Ok?

Y/N: Ok. I'm ready when you are.

Lindir: Man erin is Good Morning.

Y/N: Man erin

Lindir: *does his famous slight cringe but tries to hide it by putting on a straight face hoping you didn't notice* umm that was a good first try. Now do it again pay attention to how I'm saying it. Man erin.

Y/N: Ok. *clears throat trying not to laugh at his terribly hidden cringe* Man erin.

Lindir: You did it. Now Nin mellon .......*you interrupt him*

Y/N: What did you just call me? *you didn't say it like you were upset but out of pure curiosity*

Lindir:*he rolls his eyes at your ignorance* I called you nin mellon which means my friend.

Y/N: Oh. *slight giggle* Nin mellon

Lindir: *cringes all the way and doesn't even try to hide the fact that he his cringing. You literally just butchered his mother tongue* Umm. Let's just take your learning a little slow, ok. *putting on a small smile hoping he didn't hurt your feelings even though he was very tactful.*

Y/N: *you laugh at his very obvious cringe and he looks at you very confused as to say 'What's so funny?'* YoUr FaCe iS HiLAriOUs *you said in your little fit of laughter*

Lindir: *obviously losing his patience* Umm.. Maybe we should pick this up tomorrow. *you kinda shoo him away still laughing. He gets up and walks off glad that that was over with.*