➳ 02

02. all i am, is a man.

unedited
------------

We were sitting by the bonfire, our feet dugging into the sand as we argued about how little they cared about me for leaving me at the store.

“But babe, he didn’t even catch you!” Ashton pouted, pulling me closer to him. I slapped him on the hard on the shoulder, and he gasped as he let go off of me.

“He did catch me, you twat,” I bit, slapping Ashton again when he tried to hug me. A chorus of ‘what?’ and ‘really?’ came from the group in front of us.

“Are you serious? Babe, no way,” Ashton sat up straight, his face showing pure shock. He wrapped his arms around me once more, but this time I didn’t pull away, “how did you get away?”

“She probably showed him her boobs or something,” Shanon said, curling a strand of her bright red colored hair around her finger; I sent her a death glare, implying that she wasn’t funny, “what? is true, tho; I mean, I’d do it. Who wouldn’t?”

“She wouldn’t,” Ashton answered almost immediatly, “right, babe?”

“No, I would not.” I spat, my gaze focused on an apologetic Shanon.

“So,” Xael said after slapping Shanon’s leg playfully, “how’d you get out?”

“Oh, this guy payed for my lighters, I-”

“A guy? How old was he?” Ashton interrupted me.

“I don’t know, he looked like he was about my age.” I answered truthfully.

“What’s his name?” Ashton asked, waisting no time.

“I don’t know, he- he didn’t tell me,” I said, confused. “Why are you asking me this?”

“Just to check if he’s coming; I mean, he might be from one of the gangs,” Ashton replied, not looking at me. “I have to thank him for saving my girlfriend’s well built-up ass.”

“Oh, shut up!” I said, kissing his cheek. “You’re stupid.”

“Yes, but if I might recall, I’m your stupid.” He smirked, kissing me on the lips.

“Aye, Ashton, Xael, get over ‘ere!” John called him; there was a group of boys scattered around a table. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, babe, that’s my cue,” he mumbled, giving me a peck on the lips and rushing over to greet the group of boys. I watched as Xael said goodbye to Shanon, walking beside Ashton, leaving the two of us alone by the bonfire.

“You know he didn’t want that bloke’s name to thank him, right?” Shanon asked in her thick british accent, breaking the silence.

“What?” My eyebrows came down in a frown in mere confusion. If he didn’t want to thank him, then why did he want to know who he was?

“Oh God, Rebel, please tell me you’re not that stupid,” Shanon said, her eyes widening, “he actually wants to beat the shit out of him, and that’s more than obvious.”

“Why?”

“For fuck’s sake, you really don’t know a thing! Oh well, I guess Ashton likes them stupid.” I laughed humorlessly at Shanon’s comment, but she just shrugged it off. “He’s jealous.”

“Jealous?”

“Mhm.”

“Of what, why?”

“This guy saved your ass when your own boyfriend couldn’t, that’s a good reason to be mad, in my opinion. Not to mention Ashton is kind of protective and possessive over you.”