➳ 03

I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON BUT I HAD FINALS AND I WAS IN A NERVOUS STATE AND IT JUST- IT WASN'T GOOD. OKAY, HERE'S THE CHAPTER, HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND I HOPE IT WAS WORTH THE WAITING IF NOT, LET ME KNOW

_______________________________

03. down on the west coast, they got a sayin'.

Ashton, what to hell was that?” was the only thing I could get out of my mouth after Michael left.

“Nothing,” he said, “just forget it.”

“What?” I spat, “you make a scene just because he was talking to me and then you say is nothing and to just forget it?” I knew it was me who was making a scene now, but I just couldn’t help it. “That’s not how it works, Ashton.”

“Well, I guess you’ll just have to fucking settle down a bit,” he muttered.

“What the hell are you even talking about? Ashton, what happened between you and Michael?”

“Nothing happened, just fucking forget it okay!” he yelled.

I stood froze in my spot, my blood boiling. How am I supposed to ‘forget it’ if he made such a big deal out of it? I shook my head, kneeling down to grab my shoes and my bag from the sand.

“Where are you going?” Ashton asked, still staring at me.

“Home.” I simply answered.

“Are we… are we over?” he asked in a low voice, afraid someone might hear it. He looked at me with a sad face, as if hoping I would say no.

“No.” I answered, and he seemed a lot more relieved. “I just need time to… cool off.”

“I’ll go with you.” He proposed.

“I’m perfectly fine on my own, Ashton, thanks a lot.” I turned to Shanon, who was staring at me wide-eyed. “I’ll see you tomorrow I guess.” She nodded slowly, still staring at me wide-eyed.

I turned around, not saying goodbye to anyone else, not even Ashton, and then made my way out of the beach and into the streets. I walked all the way to my house alone, not looking back to check if Ashton was coming behind me. I knew he wasn’t, and I secretly wished he would, but I guess that’s not how things work for him.

Fortunately, I got home safely, since it was close to the beach, which didn’t let me that much spare time to think about Michael and Ashton; so when I got home and after dealing with my mother’s screams about why I’m such a waste, I jumped into the shower, where I could think about my day carefully. Ashton often told me not to overthink, because it makes me a sad person for the rest of the day, but sadly, Ashton wasn’t there to take my mind off of these things, so instead, my mind focused on Ashton and that Reverse-Skunk-haired-boy Michael. Ashton wasn’t one to react like that when some random boy talked to me, yes, he kept his eye on us every now and then, but is not like I’m going to jump into the first boy that talks to me. Ashton knows I love him, a lot, so why would he react like that? Why was he so shocked when Michael told him he was the one that saved my ass at that store? And mainly, what’s the story between Michael and Ashton that gets Ashton so worked up every time he sees Michael?

Ashton looked like he thought he’d never see that Reverse-Skunk-haired-boy again, but why?

A banging on the door interrupted my thoughts; it was my mom, to check I hadn’t commit suicide or had climbed out the window, and it was then I noticed it was now 11:00p.m.; I spent an hour in the shower, just thinking about those two.