Judges

Here is the list of judges for the awards:

VictoryPlatform - Mystery/Thriller, Teen Fiction, Poetry
pandamakyler - Horror, Fantasy
1PicturesqueUmbrella - Romance, Werewolf, Action/Adventure
Kayla_C_145 - Werewolf, Science Fiction
onceinalifetime8 - Romance, Short Story, Teen Fiction
TheAnimal240 - Fantasy, Science Fiction
Red_as_a_Strawberry - ChickLit, Short Story
jettmanas - Action/Adventure, General Fiction
WinterBlaze910 - Vampire
Spade_05 - Historical Fiction, Humor

The Best of the Best judges:

1PicturesqueUmbrella
WinterBlaze910

So, as you can see, we need more judges. We'll need about 2 judges per category.

Also, I have had some questions about how the judging process will work. So here is the step-by-step process for judging:

Step 1:

First, each judge will get 5 or 10 books to judge (depending on if there is one or two judges in the category). They will read about 3 chapters (if there is that many) of each book. They might read more chapters if need be.

Step 2:

After each judge has read all of the stories, they will then decide which ones they think are the best and deserve an award. If there is one judge for the cateogory, then they will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner for the category. Those will be the winners for the category. If there are two judges in that category, then I will take the two 1st place, the two 2nd place, and the two 3rd winners and I will decide which ones I think deserve the award.

Step 3:

This part of the process does not include the judges, but I thought I add it in there. This is the step where awards for the category winners will be announced and the prizes will be "passed out". Also, as payment for judging, I will give a shoutout to the judge(s) who judged the category when the winners are posted.

Step 4:

After all of the 1st place category winners have been decided, then they will move on to the next round. This is to decide who gets the Best of the Best Award (the winner out of everything). Any judges who are willing to continue judging at that point will then get a certain number of books to judge (there are 18 categories, so the number could vary from 3-10 depending on how many judges we have for this part). Then they will decide which book is the best out of the books they were given (by reading the first 3 chapters).

Step 5:

After every judge has given me their 1st place winner, I will take a look at the books left and decide the winner. For example, if there were 3 judges (and they were all given 6 books to judge) then they would give me their 1st place decision. And, say, the books are a Fantasy, a Romance, and a Science Fiction. Then I would read the 3 books (probably about 3-5 chapters) and decide which book I think deserves the Best of the Best Award.

Step 6:

This, again, will be the step where the winners are announced and the judges get shout outs. I will announce who got the Best of the Best Award. Then the prizes will be "handed out".

So that's how the judging process works. I hope this will answer any questions y'all have. If you have any more questions, inline comment right here or pm me and I will try my best to answer your questions. I love y'all. Bye! :D