Secrecy

Dan heard the door downstairs slam shut. Phil was gone. Getting groceries usually didn't take Phil long, but it was a good opportunity to unwind that Dan wasn't going to miss out on. Dan looked out the window of his apartment building and into the parking area to make sure his boyfriend was completely gone before carefully opening the top drawer of his bedside table. He rummaged to the bottom and pulled out a pale pink pacifier and a Winnie the Pooh sippy cup.

Without hesitation, he pushed the pacifier between his soft lips and began to suck tenderly on the silicone nipple. Dan then made his way to the kitchen, where he filled his sippy cup with apple juice from the fridge. He went back to his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He crawled under the duvet on his bed and got comfy with his favorite stuffie, Elle, who was a perrywinkle stuffed dinosaur.

Phil never thought much about Dan's obsession with stuffies; he just thought they were something nice to keep his boyfriend company, or maybe he had a collection of some sort. In fact, Phil never thought much about any of Dan's childlike behaviours. Thumb sucking? Just a habit. Clingyness? Just personality. His love for onesies? They're comfy! Phil never would've thought he was into any form of age regression. Frankly, he was against it for a long time. But oh, how the tables will turn.

As Dan cuddled his stuffie, he used his laptop to watch episodes of Winnie the Pooh, his favorite show to watch in littlespace.

Before he knew it, little Daniel was deeply regressed. So much so that when he heard the front door open, he didn't bother to take out his pacifier and put back his sippy cup. He let his episode of Winnie the Pooh keep playing, even though it was inevitable that Phil would come upstairs to greet him in a matter of seconds.

Phil walked up the stairs and was about to knock on Dan's door when he heard the farmiliar tune of the Winnie the Pooh intro. He paused for a moment, and then rationalized the situation.

It's nothing  Phil thought to himself. Watching Winnie the Pooh is totally normal for a 26 year old... I guess...

Phil knocked on the door, but got no answer. "Dan? Can I come in?" Phil asked. Still no answer. "Daniel, I'm coming in, okay?"

Phil opened the door slowly. Enough so that Dan had enough time to take out his pacifier and shove it and the sippy cup under the duvet.

"Hey, Phil," Dan murmured, still slightly lingering in his headspace.

"Hey. What've you been watching, love?"

"Winnie the Pooh. You'd be surprised how truly philosophical this show is."

Phil nodded. "May I join you?"

"Um," Dan started, remembering the pacifier and sippy cup that were carelessly thrown under the covers. He didn't want to say no to his boyfriend, but he didn't want him to uncover his littlespace. "Yeah, of course."

Dan immediately regretted his choice of words when Phil began to pull away the duvet to slip underneath the warm covers.

"You know," Dan interjected, before Phil finished pulling away the blanket. "Why don't we watch in the lounge? The TV will be nicer, since it has a bigger screen."

Phil nodded and put down the blanket. Dan sighed a breath of relief as the two men walked to the lounge. Phil put on Winnie the Pooh on the big screen TV and cuddled up with dan under their big fluffly blanket.

Phil watched Dan as he focused deeply on the show. He noticed how his eyes lit up when something nice happened, and how he whimpered quietly when anything went wrong.

Phil questioned whether or not this was normal adult behavior, but ignored it, and hugged Dan closer to his chest.

About halfway through the show, Dan paused the episode and looked up, eyes wide, at his boyfriend.

"I have to potty, Philly, I'll be right back."

Potty? Phil asked himself Dan's never said potty before...

Phil knew something different was up with Dan today, and decided to do some investigation while he was in the bathroom.

Remembering the way Dan pushed Phil not to get in his bed, and the way he firmly tucked the blanket in when they left to go to the lounge, Phil suspected Dan was hiding something.

Phil went up to Dan's bedroom and didn't hesitate to pull back the duvet on his boyfriend's bed.

Phil stared blankly at the items before him. The pink pacifier had a larger nipple than that of an infant's dummy; Was it designed for adults? And the sippy cup in front of him still had juice in it, meaning he had to have been using it.

Phil picked up the items and carried them back to the lounge with him. He placed them on the coffee table in front of him and waited for Dan to come back from the restroom.

Phil heard his boyfriends light footsteps as he padded down the hall and back to the lounge. Dan stopped dead in his tracks when he rounded the corner and saw his pacifier and sippy on the table.

The younger boy's lip began to quiver. "Phil. I- I didn't mean. I- I'm sorry. I'm sorry," He whimpered, failing to hold back tears.

"It's okay, Daniel. It's alright, baby," Phil outstretched his arms and motioned for his boyfriend to cuddle up to him. "Come here, love. I'm not mad at you. I just need you to explain what this is for, okay, sweetheart?"

Dan nodded and slowly made his way into Phil's lap and cuddled against his chest. Dan sniffled a few times, then began to speak. "S-sometimes... I just feel small. And I wanna be taken care of like I'm a baby. And-and it makes me h-happy and takes away my stress. I jus want someone to take care of me. I wan a daddy."

"Okay, baby. You'll have to tell me more about this another time, but I promise I will take good care of you," Phil whispered. "Now, baby boy, does this pretty little dummy belong to you?"

Dan looked at the pacifier that Phil had in his hand. "Mhm." Daniel responded. "And the sippy, too."

"Alright, little one. Well why don't you suck on your dummy while I get you more juice? And then we'll continue watching Pooh Bear. Does that work, love?"

Dan nodded happily, and made grabby hands at the dummy that Phil still had in his hand. Phil smiled and placed it in between his boyfriend's lips.

Phil got up and took Dan's sippy cup to the kitchen to fill it up with more juice. He couldn't help but smile as he walked to the kitchen. All of that was instinct, and it felt so much better than he thought it would. Seeing his beautiful baby boy with a smile on his face was what made his day.

Once the sippy cup was filled, Phil brought it back to his boyfriend in the lounge.

"Here you go, bumblebee," Phil said, handing the sippy cup to his baby boy. So far, everything seemed much easier than Phil anticipated it being.

Dan took out his dummy to have a sip of juice. "I like when you call me bumblebee, Philly," He giggled. "It makes me happy."

"I'm glad my petnames for you make you happy, angel. Is there any name you wanted to call me? Daddy, perhaps?"

Dan blushed a deep red and nodded. "Yes please. I wanna call you daddy."

"Alright, petal. Well, daddy's right here with you now and he'll always be here to protect you," Phil cooed.

"Thank you, daddy," Dan whispered.

"Anything for you, my little prince."

"Anything?"

"Anything."