take it slow

"Dan, you want anything else, honey?" Phil asked, pulling his shopping cart around the corner, where Dan was lingering by some sweets. The two usually did shopping online. The kind that brought groceries right to the front door, but today, Dan needed air, and Phil needed groceries, so they went to the shops.

"Phil, I saw a stuffed bunny over there," said the boy, pointing to the section of leftover Easter toys from a month prior. "Can we get it, please, Philly??"

Dan was almost whispering when he spoke, and Phil was a softie who couldn't help but cater to his curly haired boy's wants.

"Awe, of course, puppy. Go run off and get it so we can put it in the cart, and I'll pick up some sweets for the house, okay Dan?"

At this point, Phil barely had to try picking up on when Dan was little or not. It was easy now, to call Dan his little baby.

Phil grabbed a bag of gummy bears, and a box of chocolates, and padded down the isle. Dan tossed a cute little plush bunny into the cart and clung onto Phil's arm.

"We go home, Philly?" Dan whimpered. He wasn't prepared to slip into littlespace the way he did, and he just wanted to go home and suck on his paci.

"Yes, Daniel. Let's check out okay? We'll be taking the train home; is that alright?"

Dan nodded. He usually didn't like the crowds of people littering the train, but it was early afternoon on a Monday, so he figured there would be fewer people.

The couple walked to self checkout, and pulled the items through the scanner. After everything was checked into the machine, Phil swiped his card and paid for the groceries and Dan's new little friend.

The younger boy grabbed the lighter bags while Phil carried the two heavier ones.

"Thank you, Phil." Dan said softly as they exited the shop.

"You're welcome, little soldier. Now we're going to exit onto a busy street, so hold my hand please, baby."

Dan grabbed onto Phil's hand, and began to cross the street. As he started across, honks filled the air and Dan jumped back, startled. An older woman got out of her car and waved her fist at the brown haired boy.

"You fool!" She shouted, "Don't you know how to cross a street!? Common sense, twit!"

She crawled back into her car and sped off, leaving a shivering, scared little boy still grasping tightly onto his boyfriend's hand. Dan's eyes filled with tears that he shook off, and his lips wobbled. He looked up at his Daddy who looked more worried than disappointed, and his eyes threatened to spill.

"There there, now, darling. It wasn't your fault." Phil soothed, "Next time, just wait for me to cross first, okay baby? You could've hurt yourself. How about we just call a taxi to take us home instead? You've had a long day already."

Phil brought his baby to a bench and ordered an Uber on his phone. Dan had rested his head on Phil's shoulder, with one hand in a grocery bag, petting his new stuffed bunny.

Phil placed kisses into Dan's messy  hair every once in a while as they waited quietly for their Uber to arrive.

Soon, a silver sedan pulled up to the side street and waved the two over to hop in the car. Phil got in first, and pulled Dan onto his lap, having him lean back and take some weight off of his chest.

Dan sleepily kissed Phil on the cheek, and laid back into his strong daddy.

The quiet Uber ride home lasted for about fifteen minutes, and soon, the pair had arrived at their apartment building.

As Phil got up, he noticed that his little boy had fallen asleep, and kissed his forehead to wake him up.

"We're home, sweets. Let's get inside and get you cozy, okay?"

Dan just nodded and climbed out of the car and gripped his Daddy's index finger.

Phil unlocked the door and allowed Dan to scurry in before him.

Instantly, the boy rushed to the couch, next to which was his pacifier sitting on the side table. He plopped the bulbous nipple into his mouth and sucked gently. He climbed onto the couch and curled up on the cushion.

"Daddy?" Dan called out.

"I'm coming, little one, just a second." Phil called back.

Phil rounded the corner holding a big blanket, some pajamas, and Dan's favorite movie on Blu Ray.

"Let's get you out of these uncomfy big boy clothes, yeah?" Phil cooed at his little.

Dan nodded, and his daddy helped him strip down to his underwear. Phil then pulled out the footed jammies he had brought with him and unzipped the front so that Dan could step in. The little boy placed his feet in the correct holes and let his daddy pull up the cozy material. He slipped his arms into the sleeves and zipped it up.

"Thankies, Dada" he whispered around his pacifier.

Phil just nodded, and ruffled Dan's hair, before picking him up and putting him back on the couch.

Phil then put the Blu Ray CD into the player, and selected Winnie the Pooh's Easter adventure, which was currently Dan's favorite thing to watch.

Dan just giggled and pulled the blanket up to his neck. Phil lifted the boy into his lap as the movie began to play.

It was only a matter of time before Dan fell asleep in Phil's lap. He could almost never get through a movie, no matter how interesting, without falling asleep.

Phil wrapped the boy in his blanket like he would a burrito, and carried him to the bedroom. After placing the little on the mattress, he sat across the room on his laptop, browsing Tumblr.

Phil was reading through stupid  Tumblr discourse when he heard Dan whimpering in the bed.

"Oh no. Nononono. Oh no, please no" Dan repeated under his breath numerously. Dan must've been a little too cozy in bed, as somewhere during his sleep, his body forgot to wake him up to use the toilet, and he wet the bed.

"What's the matter sweet angel?" Phil asked the boy.

"Daddy! Daddy... I had an accident" Dan squeaked. He was embarrassed and scared for Phil's reaction.

"Oh dear, baby. That's okay. Let's get you all cleaned up. C'mon. Let's get the bath running."

Phil stood Dan up and unzipped his footed pajamas.

"Darling, am I going to have to put you in diapers when you're little? Because I don't think you're big enough to use the big boy potty." Phil said.

Dan blushed, and covered his face with his hands.

"I'll take that as a yes, baby. Let's go get you in the tub."

~To Be Continued~