small baby hours

"Dada.." Dan mumbled under his breath.

"Yes, baby? You alright?"

"Yes Dada, but... Daddy are you okay?" Dan asked. He had noticed his daddy was clearly more stressed than usual; over what, Dan didn't know. He just wanted to make sure Phil was okay. Daddies needed care too.

"I'm okay, babe. Daddy's just a little stressed out right now, cutie. Don't worry your little butt about it." Phil reassured. Phil was unsure himself, though. He was panicking over work and the upcoming world tour. He had to finish up video projects he'd been working on for months. needless to say, he was not okay. But he decided to tough it out for his baby boy.

"Mm. Mkay Daddy. I loves you" Dan said before cuddling up to Phil's chest.

Phil was out of it. He couldn't even talk, he just nodded and planted a kiss on Dan's forehead.

It was later in the day when Phil broke.

He was sitting on the couch, watching Dan play with his toys when the first tear slipped out and rolled down his cheek.

Phil bit his lip and dug his fingernails into the palm of his hand. He held his breath.

Tears kept rolling out as Phil sat, breathless on the couch.

Don't cry, you idiot. Phil said to himself. You have a baby to be taking care of.

After almost a full minute of holding his breath, and silently weeping behind the little boy, Phil's lungs needed breath. He inhaled sharply and staggered in quick breaths afterwards. Dan turned to see his daddy, tears running down his face, sobbing.

He dropped his toys and crawled over to Phil's knees.

"Philly." He said quietly. "Tell me what's wrong. I'm here, it's okay, you're okay. Tell me what's wrong."

Phil just placed his head in his hands and sobbed loudly.

"I'm just so tired, Dan. I'm so so exhausted" he wheezed. "I'm sick. I can't focus, and I just... I'm scared, Dan."

"Let's go lie down, Phil. I don't have to be little anymore. Whatever will make you feel better."

Somehow that made Phil cry harder.

"I don't want you to stop being little, Dan. Please, I want you to stay little and innocent. Please, Dan, please for now." Phil cried.

"Philly. You can't be my daddy like this. You need care too, Phil."

There was a silence and Phil nodded.

"Do you wanna be regress together, Phil?" Dan asked. It was worth the shot.

Phil blushed. Still sniffling, he said "I don't know how."

"Just relax, Phil. We'll take care of each other." Dan said.

Phil nodded again. He knew this would be good for him, but he was hesitant. The two men had switched before, but never in this context.

"Phiw?" Dan said, cutely. "wanna go pway?"

Phil nodded and smiled, and sat next to Dan on the floor. Dan, knowing that Phil was particularly into pet play, decided that he was Dan's puppy.

"Puppy!!" Dan giggled happily, petting Phil's head.

Phil happily chuffed and rubbed his head into Dan's touch.

"Good puppy!" Dan squealed. "Puppy, wan water? Crying make puppies dehydrated."

Phil sat up on his heels. He didn't expect to regress so easily into a puppyspace. He'd never actually done it before, but it was therapeutic.

Dan took the sitting up as a yes please, and waddled to the kitchen on his knees. Carefully, the little boy pried the fridge open and retrieved a water bottle, before grabbing a small bowl to put it in.

He accidentally spilled water on the floor while he poured it into the bowl, but left it to dry. He placed the bowl in front of Phil, who patted the water gently with his 'paw'.

Dan giggled. "Phiwwy! Das not how to drink water!"

Phil wiggled happily and put his face down near the bowl, lapping the water out with his mouth and swallowing quickly.

"Yay!" Danny said joyfully. "Good puppy!" He patted Phil's head once again and crawled away to the living room.

Phil followed close behind on all fours.

Dan settled down next to his blocks. He built a tall tower.

"Phiwwy! Phiw knock down! Down tower!" He cooed.

The puppy examined the tower and sat up on his heels. With one hand, he batted the top block on the tower, making it fly a few feet across the room. Phil wiggled happily.

He knocked down another. And then two more. And then he knocked down the whole tower, making little Daniel erupt into laughter.

"Yay! Puppy go fetch!" Dan said, pointing to a yellow block that had flown the farthest away from the two boys, and landed next to the couch.

Phil shook his hair and happily trotted over to the stray block.

He carried it gently in his mouth back to Dan, who grabbed the block and gave Phil a pat on the back as a reward.

Phil rubbed his eyes.

"Puppy." Dan got Phil's attention. "Sleepy?"

Phil nodded and crawled over to Dan. He layed his head into the little boy's lap and let his eyes drift shut. Daniel happily played with Phil's messy hair as the pup drifted off to sleep.

The puppy tossed in his sleep and rolled off next to Dan, curled up in a ball on the carpet.

Dan crawled to the couch for a cushion, which he put under Phil's head.

Although the moment was sweet, Dan's diaper was wet, and the little boy was uncomfortable.

He knew he had to change his diaper, so he got up, prepared to do his best.

What he didn't know, was that his wee little bladder still had more to push out, and when the little boy stood up, it filled the front of the diaper to capacity and spilled out the sides.

Dan's pajama pants had two large wet spots on either side of his bum, where his diaper had leaked. Oops!

So, after doing his best to change his own diaper, he put on a pair of Phil's comfy PJs and waddled back to the living room. Phil was sat up on his phone on the carpet.

"Puppy?" Dan asked.

"It's alright Dan. I woke up big, I don't need to be puppy anymore. Daddy's back, sweetie. He just needed a break. I promise I'm okay now." Phil said. And it was true this time. Phil just needed to be cared for, even for the short two hours during which it had occurred.

"Missed you Dada.." Dan said with a smile. "But I love puppy you just as much." He reaffirmed Phil before climbing into Phil's lap, and squeezing his daddy tight.

"Hey, baby, what happened to your other PJ's?" Phil questioned.

"Uhh..."

"I'm assuming I have a few messes to clean up?"

Dan nodded.

"Alright, little boy, show Dada what happened." Phil cooed.

It was something about the way Dan looked up at him that made Phil happy to clean up after Dan.

Needless to say, however, the day was wild from start to finish, and it probably wouldn't end there.

(Comment if you like the pet stuff and I'll keep it up. If you don't please say so)