Three

I couldn't win, with Hecate it was always a losing battle. Not that it phased me anymore, I wouldn't have survived this long if it did. Every time she hurt me or punished me I'd think back to how wonderful she was when she looked into my eyes, entwined my hands with hers, and when she kissed me.

On my knees, polishing the floor it was hard to look back on those moments without clouding their beauty. Hecate and Laz had gone out, not without having demanded I make the house spotless. I gathered they wouldn't be back until nightime, and it was pretty dark now. Most likely they'd gone out drinking.

I stood up and checked the clock. 10pm. It would be a few hours yet. I went to the kitchen and searched for food. Laz didn't seem to eat much, and Hecate had a rather strange appetite. She'd go through phases of starving herself and then eating lots.

I drank some milk from the fridge and then took a couple of slices of bread from the cupboard. That would have to do. I washed the dishes, put them away and then went upstairs to hoover the carpet.

That quickly got boring, so I went into Hecate's room and laid on her bed a little while. Only once had she ever let me stay with her, that was the first time she kissed me. Ever since then I've been kicked out. Even that was back at the institution, here things were much different.
Getting up, I made her bed neatly and hung some clothes up that were on the floor. Moving to her table, I organised some of her lipstick back into its place.

She had such nice makeup, I sat down on her seat and opened one of her drawers. I didn't have any of my own, apparently I wasn't allowed possessions. I looked through her eyeshadow collection and tried out one of the slighter shades, a rose gold colour. If she was coming back late, she might be drunk, and Hecate could be so lovely when she was intoxicated.

I put some mascara on and one of her lipsticks. Adjusting the mirror so I could see my reflection, I smiled, I hadn't had the chance to look after my appearance properly for awhile now.

I heard the lock click on the front door, and it being swung open forcefully.

"Shit." I muttered and cleared away everythig that I had taken out. Standing up, I pushed her chair back under the table, then hurried out of her room and down the stairs.

They were already in the living room.

"How was your evening, Mistress?" I smiled at Hecate, who sat on the sofa taking off her heels.

"Take these off." She indicated to her shoes so I knelt down and undid them delicately, pulling them gently off her feet.

I could feel her eyes on me.

"Are you wearing makeup?" She was tipsy, not drunk. Tipsy was bad.

"Yes, Mistress." I looked up at her, and then to Laz who regarded me silently, as always. The corners of his mouth turned up a fraction in some sort of half smile.

"You look like a slut." Hecate spat at me, she looked down with malice.

"Thank you."

"That wasn't a compliment."

It went silent. I slowly stood up, Laz looked almost sympathetic. I turned to him, trying to push back the feeling that I had just been emotionally slapped in the face.

"Can I get you anything, Sir?"

Hecate interrupted before there was even a chance to respond.

"If you're going to look like a slut, maybe you should suck him off."

I felt all the blood drain from my face. I knew that she was just saying spiteful things, Hecate was far too possessive over Laz to force me to do anything with him, but it made me feel extremely awkward while stood right in front of him.

Bizarrely, he didn't seem fazed. He was just looking at me again, with that unreadable expression, and then his eyes moved to Hecate.

"I'm going for a Cigarette." He murmured as he headed towards the back garden.

I turned back to Hecate. She's glaring at me. Why does she hate me so much. I try to make her happy, I do, I really do.

As soon as Laz came back in, Hecate stood up. She smiled sweetly and kissed him, asking him if they should go upstairs. Not wanting to listen anymore, I went into the kitchen and emptied the bowl of cold soapy water from earlier.

Before long, Hecate snuck in, she took me by the hand and led me through the back door into the garden. It was pitch black outside, just the stars and the light from the kitchen window. I was caught off guard as Hecate, out of absolutely nowhere, turned and pushed herself against me, I thought she was going to kiss me but she didn't.

She pulled back, I was dumbstruck. I couldn't stop looking into her eyes. She did love me. She did love me, after all. Hecate smiled and pulled my top off over my head, quickly moving to strip my jeans off me.

I was bewildered, standing in the garden with nothing but my underwear. Hecate laughed. I wished she'd come closer again. I moved towards her a little and she shoved me back roughly, holding my clothes in her hand.

"I just want to say.. I really do-"

Hecate stormed back towards the door, I hurried after her, confused.

"Did I do something wrong? Hec- Mistress?"

As soon as she stepped inside, she looked back at me.

"Dogs sleep outside." She snapped.

"But- Mistress-"
I stared at her in disbelief, until she spat on me and slammed the door in my face, locking it immediately.