Chapter 4 - "Welcome Back."

You awake suddenly to voice of Thor and Stark talking about beer or...something.
"I prefer a Jack Daniel's beer once in a blue moon. What do you...uhm... God's drink?" Tony asked.
"Its something that will most likely  kill a human man," he laughed "I don't think you'd want to know."
As you sit up in your bed, the two men look your way, "Finally you're awake," Tony sighs, "Your old man is waiting down stairs with breakfast."
You got up silently and walked past the two men, without a word. You sleepily headed downstairs and saw  Steve sitting there looking up at You, "Hey, get over here and eat. You'll need it after that crazy night." he smirked.
You ate in silence, but ate very quickly. Steve stared at you in concern, "Geeze, slow down. No one's gonna take it from ya'. "
You finished your food, "Sorry," You say swallowing the last pancake, "I... Don't know what's wrong with me." You stare down at your hands again, and sighed heavily at the markings. You thought this would have been a lucid dream by now, but it's too long to be one.
"Steve, I need to ask you a question." You look away from the back of your hands and towards Steve. He turns his full attention to You, "Can you slap me?"
Steve began to laugh, "No! Why would you want me to do that? I don't hurt innocent women." he laughed again.
"Because I thought this dream would be over by now..." You looked down at your hands again, "I am dreaming... right?"
"Of course not. Here-" he said taking your hand. Your face flushed and your gazed jolted straight to his face, "I'll lightly pinch your hand, and if it's a dream... You'll wake up. If it's not, then you have to stay with me. Deal?"
You looked at him in confusion, "Stay with You? Like... live with you?!" You asked a bit shocked.
"Don't worry, we'll have seperate rooms."
You thought about his deal for a minute, then nodded in agreement. He placed his two fingers onto your skin and pinched your hand. You winced a little then looked at him, "Its... not a dream." You looked at him in surprise.
He smiled at you then kissed the spot where he had pinched, "You'll move in later on today. I'll protect you, m'lady."
Steve gazed into your eyes, and leaned in close. You froze still looking from his lips to his eyes. Suddenly, footsteps of a woman in heels walked into the kitchen, a blonde woman. Steve quickly turned to see who it was and sat up,
"Sharon," he said as he walked toward her, giving her a hug. You looked at Sharon a little confused, "Why are you here?" he asked her. She looked at Steve then to You, "I came to visit, I was told you were on a mission  protecting Her." she nodded at you. Steve turned to face you, an odd expression on his face.
"Uh, yeah. She's been poisoned with some sort of magic that came from Asgard. She's going to be living with me until further notice."
He turned back to Sharon. They walked to you as you sat on the chair looking absolutely confused, " Y/n, this is Agent Sharon Carter. She was assigned to protect me before I met you, and when SHEILD was still running business."
You gazed at her for a few moments and smiled weakly, "Hi, Nice to meet you." You held out a hand for her to shake. She took your hand firmly and shook it with slight aggression, making you wince in pain.
"Haha... strong grip you got there." You muttered, "I'm sorry." she replied flatly.
Your facial expression changed a little after her some-what rude reply. Steve broke the awkward silence, "So um... how's the family?" he asked driving her away from you. He didn't even hesitate to look back in your direction. You sat there watching them suspiciously, "Family's good. Went to go visit Aunt Peggy for my birthday two weeks ago. Thank you for that... amazing gift, Steve. I never got to thank you." she smirked as she ran a finger down his chest, "By the way... You did tell her that we're-" her voice became lowet, like a hush, " ...Right?"
His face became a little pale and he sighed, "No. Not yet. But I will very soon." Her expression turned from serious to a smile.
"Great. Well, I'll be on my way. It was also a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Y/N. " she smiled at you as she walked out of the roon, a slight strut as her heels clincked against the tiles.
"What was that about? More secrets?" You asked a bit annoyed. Steve looked at you with a concerned expression,
"It's nothing to worry about, Y/N. Sharon is just a very... unique person, when she wants to be." he laughed a little looking down at the floor.
"You like her... don't you?" you asked a little worried.
"What? No..." he laughed nervously, "Me and Sharon can't have a relationship like that. She works for me."
You rolled your eyes and walked upstairs, "that's what they all say." You  snapped. He watched you leave but you didn't turn back to see him, "Hey, Y/n!" He called.
You turn to see him from the stair case, "Its good to have you back." he smiled.
You didn't smile back, but turned away and kept going upstairs. You reached the top step and smiled to yourself, walking into your room.

((I'M SO SORRY!!! it's been a while since I've updated, and so many of you have been asking. I've just started my sophomore year and my life is super busy and chaotic right now. But if you have an Instagram, Message me and ill reply back asap with that information of updates or maybe upcoming fictions. Enjoy this new chapter!!!))