Chapter 8 "Soilder's Holiday"

10:40 PM. December 23, 2017.

You are lying in bed and turn to see who lies beside you, Steve's broad bare back faces you. You trace your finger down along his spine and rub his back muscles.

He turnes and faces you with a sleepy smile.
"Go to bed, (Y/N). We have a busy day tomorrow."
"Steve, I can't sleep. I keep thinking of the night we danced together."

You complain. He reaches his large hand for your head and pulls you close to his chest. He rests his chin on top of your head and begins to massage your head.

"I understand sweet heart, but you must sleep. You have a lot to do tomorrow."
He replies.

His large hand continues to gently massage and ruffle your (h/l), (h/c) hair. You cannot help but to fall asleep to the sound of his heart beat, and the touch of his bare chest against your finger tips.

-

December 24th, 2017. Christmas Eve.

You awake to the smell of eggs and bacon. You rise from the bed, your bare chest showing. You forgot, you slept with Steve again... naked.

You search for a grey baggy t-shirt and slip it on. You arise from your bed and yawn, as you lazily trudge to the kitchen. Steve stand by the stove concentrated on the breakfast he is making. You walk up from behind him and hug bare torso. He smiles a little by your small embrace.

"Hey there, sunshine. How'd you sleep?"
He asked.

You smile from behind his back and press your cheek against his broad back.

"Like a baby. And You?"

He sighed and turned the stove off. He turned to face you and looked down at your face.

"Just the same, my sweet. Hurry and eat your breakfast, everyone's heading to Central Park for Christmas Eve."

You do as your told and rush to put on warm winter clothing. Steve gets himself ready as well and you both head out the door.

-

1:19 PM.
You and Steve reach Central Park too see lots of people, families, couples, and children roaming around. Multiple activities were set out and you smiled at the sight.

"Hey, love birds!"

Tony calls. Steve smiles and greet's Tony, Natasha, and Flint. Nat smiles at Steve then looks at you. You not slightly, indicating that you and Steve fixed the issue and a smile appears on her face.

"Where's Banner, Vision, and Wanda?"

You ask curiously.

"They said they're gonna come once the tree lighting ceremony is over."

Replied Nat.

"Alright. So what are we gonna do?"

Asked Tony.

"Split up and play some games. We can meet up at this same spot if we wanna eat."

You answer. Everyone seemed to agree with your plan and split up to go play some games. You and Steve played multiple games, and he won you a stuffed bunny. Around 11:20 PM, everyone gathered together and walked to the Christmas tree.

The lighting ceremony wasn't long, and everyone headed to Starks tower.
At 12:17 AM, everyone began to open gifts. You received a new outfit, boots, leggings, and makeup supplies. That night everyone headed home. You and Steve lied in bed together, exhausted from your day.

"Merry Christmas, (Y/N)."

He said sweetly before slowly dozing off to bed.

"Merry Christmas, Steve..."

You reply sleepily. You curl up beside Steve and fall asleep to the sound of his heart beat.

I apologize if this chapter was short. It's like December 28th for me here. But I made this exactly on the marked dates. Except for Christmas. I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! I will be posting another story after New Years, and ending this book very soon. Enjoy!