Chapter 6- "Mistakes"

It's 8:46 A.M. and your skin begins to quiver in chills. You feel the bed sheets caress your skin as you slowly awake to the back of someone's head. 'Did I sleep with someone...?'
You think to yourself. The male suddenly turns around, facing you. Your face becomes cold and expressionless for a few seconds until you realize it's Steve. 'Holy shit. What the hell-' you stop thinking and look underneath the sheets.
Your naked body showing from head to toe.
"Fuck..." You whisper to yourself. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, God damn it!"
Steve suddenly groans and his eyes flutter open to look at you.
"Language, beautiful. " He sleepily spoke.
You gazed at him as he arose and stretched, his muscular body showing every curve and angle of perfection.
"Good morning." He replied with a smile.
"Morning."
You quickly search for something to cover yourself up with and grab a shirt from the floor. Steve gently takes your hand and kisses your wrist.
"I apologize if I surprised you last night... I just couldn't help myself."
You gazed into his blue eyes and smiled sweetly,
"Sorry? Don't apologize, Steve. I understand."
His worried expression turned to relief and he stood up. He dressed himself quickly for the day and faced You.
"Stay here today, okay? I'm gonna be right back."
You take a minute to wonder were he may he off too, but you decide to leave the question out of the market and let him leave.
He kisses your forehead and walks out the bedroom door, as his footsteps  draw farther and farther away. He makes it to the front door, and closes it behind him.
-
2:06 P.M. and you're already dressed and outta Steve's apartment. You decided to take a stroll around your home town and noticed something odd about your old penthouse. Caution tape was at its front door.
Curious to know why, you remove the tape and open the door. Unlocked.
'Strange.' You thought. You opened the door and horror striker your heart. Your wonderfully elegant home was trashed with spray painted slurs.
"ALIEN" on one side of the hallway, "FREAK." On the other end. Your home because a complete mess of papers and torn furniture. Broken glass and destroyed electronics.
A letter decently placed on your wall was waiting to be opened.
You slowly approach the letter and rip it off the wall. Opening the letter, you take out a photo of Steve and a woman. Something looked odd about the photo until you realize they're both in bed. Naked.
Anger begins to rise inside You, and you search the envelope for more information. Empty. On the back of the photo is a message.
"He slept with her 2 nights before he slept with you. Hope you like having one night stands with your employee. He's engaged."
Tears filled your eyes and you didn't want to believe what it said. Maybe it was just a prank? A stupid joke? But a photo like this cannot be edited... it had to be him.
-
You finally reach Steve's apartment and the door is unlocked. You wanted to settle a score with him after what you discovered. You walk into the living room, picture in hand. Strange noises coming from down the hallway seem to be getting louder. You walk slowly towards the sound and it's in Steve's bedroom.  Your heart begins to pound, as you walk toward the door and peek through the creek. The same woman in the photo was sitting atop Steve... wearing Lingere.
She giggled and removed her bra. The back of her head looked familiar.
"I can't wait to call you my husband..." she cooed.
Shocked you slammed the door open and the two whirled in your direction. Sharon Carter. She was the one in the photo.
Tears began streaming down your cheeks. Steve pushed Sharon over and  stared at you in utter shock,
"(Y/n)..."
You dropped the photo to the floor,
"How... could You?!" You raised your voice.
"After you made me feel safe, after we became friends, after last night--..." You began to choke on your words.
"After you said you... loved me." 
Steve looked at you in pity. His expression turned into pity for you into shame for himself.
"I forgot... I was just caught up in the moment that- I slipped up."
Anger began to rise within you.
"So you forgot that after I've been with you that I'm still HUMAN and I have emotions?! Did you think that just because I have this new curse that I would have accidentally 'slipped up' and could have killed You?! If all you can remember is that we had sex and you LIED TO ME saying you loved me, to end up never telling me you had a fucking fiancee for God's sake, I don't need to be here with you. At all."
His expression turned. He was stunned.
"I hope your happy with yourself; Steve. Out of all people I've met I thought you were more human than the rest. I must have made a mistake falling in love with you." You snapped.
Your expression became cold and dark.
"Enjoy your sex toy while she isn't yet expired."
You storm out of the room and slam his door. Outside the apartment, you wipe a few year stains off your cheeks and reach for your phone. You dial a number and place the phone to your ear,
"Hey, um... Nat. Is it okay if I spend the night at your place... I'm trying to avoid the mistake I made."
.
.
.
Jesus. That was an emotional ride. I had a lot to vent about in this story so I'm sorry if it went from a lovey sex scene to a cheater caught type of vibe lol. It's been a while and it's almost Christmas. Well. Hopefully I'll be able to make more stories!!!