Chapter 4: Sports Rally

December 13, 1698 AA

Quite a lot has happened in the past few months since my arrival at Ulix Academy for Ascenders. Ever since the student council president, Cheyenne, offered me a spot in the Disciplinary Committee it's been quite hectic. There have been a couple of fights here at the school between those without much nobility and the others with quite a reputation. Elizabeth is one of the main parts in these conflicts, instigating fights, but since I have no proof of this I cannot approach her with it. I do like her, so I don't mind having her just blend in with the crowd. Classes have been proceeding as usual with the occasional arguments, but that's quite the normal here at Ulix. Azura has been a pain in the ass as usual, but I can see the students in the school have started to accept me, even though it was hard at first.

One prime example of this was a fight that I had to stop, it was quite a challenging day. To remember it fully, it was a fight between a Void Transcender and an Advanced Elements Transcender, unapproved by the school. It was my first time having to stop a fight against Transcenders and I was a bit scared. They both started to attack each other in the middle of the field in-between classes. I was the first to arrive in the area from the Disciplinary Committee so it was my responsibility to stop it. I approached them and tried to do the best I could.

"Hey! Stop this at once!" I yelled out as I stomped my foot down onto the pavement. They both stopped to look at me, gave me a smirk, then continued to sling attacks at each other. Quite angrily I looked to Xerthia, before she nodded to me. I then clashed my hands together and cracked my knuckles, waking towards them. By this point, a large crowd was formed around the fighting.

"Temporal Dispersion!" I yelled out as two portals open next to me, the arm of Valic and Onyx tearing through the portals. Once again, the fighting stops as they look over to me.

"Shit! It's that new kid, Suzuka. She's the only first year ever accepted to the Disciplinary Committee," the Void Transcender says as he quickly puts up a guard.

"So what? I won't let some weak bitch stop this," the other Transcender says as he charged me. He then created a fire and ice sword in his hands, swinging his blades at me, he was quite fast. I then dropped down to my back, before thrusting off the ground, my feet connect with the swords now blocking his chest. He flied upward from the force, the swords cracking from their core. Without needing to activate my weapon, I quickly spun around and thrusted my hand up, the ancient mechanical arm shooting out and grabbing him midair. Without harming him, I gripped the hand tighter so he is unable to move.

"T-That bitch! You really are just a Contract scrub!" The Void Transcender yelled at me.

"Am I? How about we settle this then," I said to him as I snapped my finger, the two machine arms disappearing, and the Advanced Elements Transcender falling to the ground. The pressure from the grip knocked him out, his unconscious body hitting the ground. Just one to go.

The Void Transcender then launched himself towards me, activating his Gauntlet to create a large Buster sword appearing in his grip. It was quite a weapon, very pretty. I too activated my Gauntlet powers, jet-black mechanical armor appearing around my vitals and covering my body. As he charged I continued my walk forward, smirking towards him. His charge increases in speed as he slashed down with his full force, I counter this by lifting one of my arms. As the sword is about to make contact my head, my hand gripped the sharp end of the blade. The attack was completely halted, smoke blowing all around us from the sudden stop of such a heavy attack. His eyes widened up as I grinned at him, closing my grip on the buster sword. The part my hand was on cracked and snapped off before I released it, dropping the broken shards of the blade to the ground. Then, suddenly, something surprising happened.