Chapter 5: Failure no more

December 16th, 1698 AA

After the fight against the mega class Dreadnaught I was tired, nearly dying isn't really the best thing to relax. I was taken to the infirmary soon after talking with the Advancement Forces leader, Yuuji. After a quick assessment on me and an x-ray on my chest, it was discovered that a few of my ribs were broken clean through from the force of that last blast. Adding to that, both of my arms were severely cut through and had third degree burns. They told me I was very lucky to have lived through such a blast. Luckily the health and development team of Ulix were as good as they say, they were able to repair my ribs that day and set my arms in a rejuvinatuinal spell. The spells were able to heal my bones and seal all the cuts on my body, but the burns on my arms were a different story entirely. Since it was skin damage and the cells were already completely dead, all they could do was remove the skin that was dead and wrap my arms. They told me I would always have darker skin there because the burns altered the pigmentation, but that it should be fine as long as I keep my arms covered until the new skin was fully adjusted to the oxygen. They also said to keep off from fighting and heavy activity for a few days so my ribs could settle and my bruises could heal. This was the least of my worries, though.

After my release from the infirmary, the day following the sports rally attack, there was an emergency assembly called for all students and faculty on the campus. Everyone on Ulix was still on edge from the attack but made their way into the assembly, myself included. I walked to the front of the seating where the rest of the Disciplinary Committee was seated, sitting down with Xerthia sitting next to me. Soon after the rest of the student and faculty arrived, and the emergency assembly was in progress.

"Thank you all for gathering here today," Cheyenne said after making her way up to the podium. "As you all know there was an attack on our campus from a mega class Dreadnaught. Prior to this, nearly every event of the rally was compromised, we believe the Dreadnaught was also linked to this. Students from second year were responsible and those caught were held accountable, but even so, the mastermind escaped our grasps," she said.

The students around started to murmur from hearing this, questioning the safety of their school. How the Disciplinary Committee could let something like this happen during such an important event. There are even those blaming us for the death of their friends, and the damage of the school. Once the murmuring died down a bit, she started to speak once again.

"We have lost many of our friends and loved ones in this attack, casualties ranging in the hundreds. We were able to confirm the deaths of 52 students and faculty, ranging between all three of the years here. This cannot go unpunished, and there will be justice. With the return of the Advancement Force yesterday, we are able to send out a response team much faster then we first predicted. Do not fear, students of Ulix, we will find him! We will capture him! And he will pay for his crimes, that is a promise from your student council president!" She yells out as they all begin to cheer. But she has more to say.

"As for the time being, repairs will be made to the school with assistance from all those who are able. Faculty included. Until the mastermind is caught the school will be enforcing a curfew starting at eleven pm lasting until five am. It's a small but necessary precaution. If you are to leave campus you will leave in groups of at least two. And lastly, continue your life as normal here at Ulix. You are safe, I promise that to you all," she said as the clapping began, I decide to give my claps to her speech as well.

Once she was done talking the assembly was at an end, and the students were all released back to their respective classes. The room quickly cleared as the Disciplinary Committee stuck around, the Student Council all gathering at the stage. Cheyenne looks down to me and the rest of the Disciplinary Committee and waves to us, telling us to come up to the stage. All of us then report to her, the Advancement Force leader along with the Student Council, as she smiled softly to us.