xiv

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

It has been so long since the last time Reagan has spent her Friday morning sitting in their pick up truck to pump up gas, she could barely remember it

It has been so long since the last time Reagan has spent her Friday morning sitting in their pick up truck to pump up gas, she could barely remember it. She does, however, clearly remember that her companions in the truck were never anyone else other than her dad and older brother.

But somehow, a few years and a broken school bus later, her companions turned to a group of boys who apparently make up a five-piece boyband and a 22 year old, 200-pound body builder with blonde hair and a perpetually present camera.

She couldn't complain, really. The mentioned blonde bought all of them falafels before they headed to the gas station.

It was the primary reason she couldn't complain about how loud and incessant Logan was all morning. He basically dragged her out of her house on a peaceful, windy day, to drive to the village way before her scheduled trip after lunch, and continued to pester her over the jacket he saw her wearing earlier that morning. But then he bought her food and all right she had to yell at him fell out the window.

So when Reagan was sat in the driver seat of the truck, she only let out a burdened sigh (instead of thwacking Logan's forehead like she was compelled to do) when he said, "We're gonna have to talk about it, Reagan, one way or another."

Reagan took a long, forlorn glance at her falafel, knowing she wouldn't be able to eat it in peace, before she absently shrugged at him, "Talk about what?"

There were a number of things Logan must've wanted to confront her about when it involved Jack but of course he dove straight into the single topic she didn't have the brainpower to talk about.

"Well, for starters, what happened when you went hiking."

She took another long sigh and settled her head against the headrest, shutting her eyes for a moment because she just wanted to eat her falafel in peace.

"I told you," She mumbled tiredly, "Nothing happened. We just hiked."

"You're an awful liar," He noted, taking a generous bite out of his own falafel, and letting out an appreciative hum. "I don't know if you just think you're convincing or you think I'm an idiot but neither of those are true so just tell me."

Reagan peeked one eye open, raising an eyebrow, "I like you better when you're talking to your camera."

Logan took another bite before he answered, mouth filled with chewed vegetables, "And I liked it better when you guys weren't walking on eggshells around each other."

Reagan frowned at Logan, guilt settling itself somewhere in her chest at the thought that her stupid crush was affecting more than just her friendship with Jack. Logan only sent her an encouraging look in return that assured her he wasn't upset with her.

"You're invested in your friendships," She noted with a small smile and Logan only shrugged a shoulder back.

"The kids are brothers to me, I like knowing what goes on in their lives," He said softly before a frown settled on his face, "And I don't have anything better to do, honestly. There's no wifi and the closest thing I have to cheesy romcoms is their love lives."