xxxii

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

The second time they made the hike to Ritter falls, Jack has only slipped once and to his credit, it wasn't because of lack of skill but because he was practically running over the rocks

Reagan was amused because despite Jack clearly being the more enthusiastic one between the two of them, they were roughly climbing at the same pace.

By the time they've reach the 13 feet tall rock, Jack was panting and he asked for a pause to regain his breath.

"God, I forgot how awful the hike was." He took a long exhale, "And it's 2000 degrees out, to make it worse.

She chuckled, "You regretting it?"

He straightened up, "Not in the slightest."

Jack led the way this time, recognizing the rocky path going upwards and his hands were shaking but he got to the upper landing in less than five minutes.

It was hardly believable but he was the one who helped Reagan climb up that time.

The moment he had sight of the rushing water, Jack let out a sigh. Whether it was a sigh of relief from the fatigue, awe or because a part of him wasn't sure he'd see the falls again, Reagan wasn't entirely sure.

He turned back to look at Reagan, a wide smile on his face, and took her hand before she could say anything.

"I don't think I'll ever see this place," he said as he led them towards the edge of the water, "And not have my breath taken away."

He dropped his hold on Reagan's hand to hold onto the hem of his shirt before he pulled it off and over his head with one quick tug.

Reagan tried her hardest to stop herself from heating up.

Vividly, she heard the clanging sound of his belt buckle being undone and he didn't turn back before he pulled off his pants, leaving him in just a pair of boxers when he jumped into the deeper part of the water before Reagan could process what was happening.

The water splash reached hair and she trembled because—

"This is so fucking cold," He screamed to the top of his lungs as he resurfaced from the clear water, "Oh my God the water is fucking freezing."

Reagan couldn't help herself from laughing because against his own word, Jack submerged his head in the water once more before he resurfaced to whip his floppy hair out of his face.