xx

CHAPTER TWENTY

It was half past three when they took an intermission in the middle of the highway, right in next to the view of Redwood river, and despite the fact that his panicked voice made everyone's hearts lodge to their throats, Reagan was thankful Corbyn ...

It was half past three when they took an intermission in the middle of the highway, right in next to the view of Redwood river, and despite the fact that his panicked voice made everyone's hearts lodge to their throats, Reagan was thankful Corbyn decided they took a break in the middle of the road.

The moment they got down, Jack and Daniel went to the back of the truck to retrieve their skateboards, while Corbyn, Jonah and Zach peered over the edge of the road that led to a steep cliff.

Logan wasted no time getting his camera and Reagan watched, laughing, as they all huddled to greet the video recorder.

She didn't participate. Being filmed didn't appeal to her and she very much preferred watching the boys jump in surprise when Logan would suddenly scream beside their ears, camera held up in front of them to record their reactions.

Logan ended up moving to a street sign meters away to talk to the camera by himself and Reagan didn't expect it when Zach was suddenly dragging her to the cliffside to where Jonah and Corbyn were grinning at her.

"Take pictures with us, come on," He smiled brightly, nodding his head to the direction of the two boys waving her over, and her smile got impossibly wider.

She ended up holding the phone to take pictures of them more often than standing in front of the camera, but they somehow got her to take a few pictures with them after a lot of convincing.

Her smile during pictures was forced and uncomfortable but she would only roll her eyes and laugh when Corbyn pointed it out.

"You don't like taking pictures do you?" Jonah asked while she was stood on top of the cement barrier between the road and the cliffside, Corbyn's hand slung around her shoulder for the picture, and she wrinkled her nose.

"There's nothing I hate more," She admitted, laughing, just as Corbyn held up two fingers in a peace sign.

"You look great in the photos, don't worry about it!" Zach assured her sweetly and it made the gnawing insecurity at the back of her mind loosen.

She smiled while Jonah counted down to three for the picture and sighed out a deep, relieved breath when he put the phone down.

She was about to jump of the barrier when she heard Daniel call out, "Wait, I want a picture too!"

Daniel jumped over the barrier before Reagan could jump down and threw an arm around her the same way Corbyn did.

"Say cheese," He called out, grinning widely to the camera in Jonah's hands, and Reagan forced out a tight lipped smile.

Afterwards, she looked at Daniel, "Want a picture with just you?"