Prologue

"Unrequited love?" he asked.

She nodded. "Kind of."

He looked like he had a personal experience of it. She almost asked him how. And then remembered that nobody would know about it better than him.

"Why do people still love others even when they know they won't get the love back?" she asked, looking at the crumpled paper in her hand.

He smiled sadly.
"That's how it is, Lily. Unrequited love is like a book with a sad ending. You read it even when you know it has a tragic ending. Even when you know it's only going to hurt you and leave you in tears. Because after all, it's not the end that matters. It's the story."

She remembered something her mother had once told her. Nothing has a good ending, Lily. Endings are never good. So all we need is a good middle and a very good start.

"It will be alright, Lily. She's your sister. She loves you. She just doesn't know how to show it." he said.

"Thank you." she said, truthfully.
He smiled and walked away.

Right there, sitting under the birch tree, looking at him walk away, she realised that if anybody deserves to be loved, it's him. There was the familiar warmth in her chest and tugging in her stomach, along with the twinge of guilt at having turned him down all this while.

She took a deep breath and made a silent promise to let him have the one thing that he always wanted.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

There were many reasons why James Potter and Lily Evans fell in love. And Harry was just one of the reasons. No, not their son Harry James Potter. It was just Harry. And who was this Harry? We'll come to that later....

⭐⭐⭐⭐

A/N : So, this is a Jily story (obviously). Takes place after their fifth year.
I planned this as a complete Jily story, but there will be lots of Marauders stuff, some Blackinnon and hopefully some humor.

Constructive criticism welcome.
And thanks a lot for reading.

~ Lianna