Hexed

Disclaimer: The only Harry Potter thing I own is my time turner (which I may or may not be using to read three books, watch two tv shows and update this book at the same time).

The title and gif are a dead giveaway, I know.

/unedited chapter/

~~~~~

Chapter 27

It had never really occurred to Lily how bad things could get for her because of her blood status. She had always been surrounded by people, purebloods even, like Marlene, Sirius, James and the others who never made Lily feel any different because of the fact that her lineage wasn't purely magical.

It was all sunshine and rainbows until her then best friend fell into a group of prejudiced imbeciles who thought she was polluting their community. Even then she wasn't fully aware how dangerous they could be.

So Lily Evans got a reality check on the very day she had been excited about for weeks.

"Lily, where are you going?" Marlene asked.

"I have to get something done, Marlene. It's urgent." Lily said.

"What is so important that you can't help me with these arrangements?" Marlene pointed her wand at the gift wrapped boxes and quickly casting a disillusionment charm.

"I can't tell you right now." Lily said with a sigh, "But it's important."

"Fine." Marlene said at last, eyeing Lily suspiciously, "But be here before the party starts. You know better than me, how important you being here today is."

Lily shifted from one foot to another, chewing on her lips nervously. She looked around the common room, covered in decorations. It had been really difficult to arrange so much without the teachers or other prefects finding out. But Frank, who was head boy, had been a lot of help. Well, and the Marauders too. Nothing was impossible to those four dorks.

"Where is Sirius?"

"I don't know. Last time I saw him, he was trying to build Eiffel Tower with butterbeer bottles."

It took Lily some time to find Sirius. He was just on his way back from Hogsmeade with at least a dozen - surprise, surprise! - Firewhiskey and butterbeer bottles.

"That's illegal, you know?" Lily said, "Firewhiskey."

"I'm seventeen." Sirius said, shrugging. He was the first one of all of them to come of age. So he never missed a chance to brag about it.

"Not everyone is."

"It's not a crime until you get caught." he said, his blue-gray eyes twinkling with mischief, "Where are you going?"

"Hogsmeade."

"Sneaking out again, Evans?"

"It was one time, Black."

"I think I know why you're going." he said with a knowing smile.

"Oh yeah? Why am I going to Hogsmeade?"

"Today is twenty seventh of March."

Lily's eyes widened. She hadn't told anyone about it, not even Marlene. There was no way, Sirius Black, of all people, could have found out.

Am I really that predictable?

"You will not tell him." she said, pointing a threatening finger at Sirius, who was smirking, "Or I'll make sure you'll regret the day you were born."