Magic

Disclaimer: Come on guys, let's all pitch in some money so I can finally buy the Harry Potter franchise from JKR and stop writing these disclaimers.

Let's cherish this rare moment of me updating fast.

~~~~~

Chapter 40

Exactly four days later, Lily received Harry's letter. She had been waiting eagerly for it, checking the mailbox frequently. She could see Petunia growing suspicious at Lily's excitement over some random letters but if she was curious, she didn't let it show.

Lily ran to her room with the letter as soon as she saw the white envelope that was waiting for her. She sat down on her bed, peeling the envelope open and taking the letter out.

Dear Lizzy,

Before I start, let me tell you one thing. I'm terrible at giving advice, especially relationship advice. So you might want to think before accepting my opinion.

Now, straight to the topic, I'd say that this guy, Mr. Darcy, seems like the one you were supposed to have found. Mutual love is probably the rarest thing you can find. So now that you've found something close to it, I hope you never let go of it.

You shouldn't let your past relationship affect your future. What's done is done and over. Just because it had happened once or twice doesn't mean that it'll happen again every time. What if you had stopped trying to learn the alphabets because you messed up one? Wouldn't you regret it? Because not every person is the same. Being hurt in the past doesn't equate to being hurt in the future.

So, take a risk. Go for it. Whatever happens will be dealt with. This could be your one chance at finding what's destined for you so don't waste it. As far as I know Mr. Darcy, from what you've told me about him, he seems like a nice guy so why not take a chance?

I sound smarter than I really am. For someone who has no experience with love, I give really good advice, don't I? Maybe I should consider my career as a love consultant.

Keep me updated on what is happening with Mr. Darcy.

Love,
Harry.

PS: Mum absolutely loved your gift!

Lily was smiling by the time she finished reading the letter. Harry had this weird effect on her. No matter how messed up her life was, his letters made her smile, even if a bit. She couldn't express how thankful she was for finding that advertisement in the newspaper.

She considered everything Harry had said and realized that maybe, after all, he was right. She was just over thinking everything. Maybe for once, she should let go of her trust issues and face what's meant for her.

Falling back on her bed, Lily stared at the white ceiling, wondering what it'll be like after a few days when she finally go to James's house.

Everything felt so sudden. Just last summer, she was planning on avoiding James when she gets back to school. But contrary to all her pre-made plans, she got closer to James than she'd ever been. In the span of a year, they had gone from enemies to something close to friends.

Maybe it was all for good, she thought to herself, maybe this was how it was meant to happen.

~~~~~

The next few days passed by in a blur and on the day she was supposed to be going to the Potters', Lily opened the door and saw James standing at her doorstep.