Post Full Moon Syndrome

This chapter is dedicated to Aditi. Happy, happy, happy birthday to you!! Have a great day. And thank you so much for being such an amazing reader.

Disclaimer: Don't own any of these. As if you could compare the JK Rowling's amazing work to the trash I write. Pshaw!!

I couldn't think of a better title, okay? Blame Grey for it (love you if you get the reference).

~~~~~

Chapter 14

He was walking towards her. He was definitely walking towards her. He stopped in front of her table and smiled. Lily felt her own lips turn up in a smile.

He smiles a lot nowadays.

And she noticed that one of his teeth is slightly crooked. It made his smile seem more original somehow.

For Christ's sake, Lily, stop staring at him.

"Can I sit with you?" he asked.

Lily didn't trust her mouth so she nodded mutely.

He sat down next to her and dumped his books and quills on the table.

"Marlene forced me out of my seat." he said as an explanation for the sudden change in seating, "She is planning something with Sirius and it seems they don't want to let me in on the plan."

The class went on as usual and Professor Ross asked them to submit their homework. After the essays were collected, she turned to the class.

"The topic we will be starting today will go on for a few classes. The charm is extremely difficult, so I hope all of you will pay attention. We'll be studying the Patronus charm."

James groaned. "Not this again."

Lily turned to him, curiously. "I thought this is an interesting topic."

"It is." James said, "When you're studying it for the first time."

"What do you mean first time?" she asked, "You've done this before?"

He nodded. "Sirius, Remus and Peter too."

"We will start practicing the charm later. Open your textbooks to page 196." the professor instructed.

Lily did as she was told. But she noticed James was sitting still. He looked tired and there were faint dark circles under his eyes. He sat with his head in his hand and elbow on the table, his eyelids drooping slightly.

"Are you alright?" Lily asked.

"Fine. Just a bit tired." he said, taking his glasses off and rubbing his eyes.

Lily looked around at the other Marauders. Marlene was talking (more like blabbering) to Sirius but Lily doubted he was listening to anything she was saying. Peter, who was on the table behind Sirius, was already asleep and drooling on the desk. Remus was not in the class.

Full moon.

"Where is Remus?" she asked James.

"He's ill. Hospital wing." he replied.

Definitely full moon. But why are these three looking so tired?

James's head kept dropping to the side and he was blinking so slowly that Lily thought he fell asleep between blinks. His long eyelashes almost brushed the lenses of his glasses every time he blinked.

Why do boys even have long eyelashes?

"James?" she called gently.

"Yeah?" he said groggily.