Chapter Twenty-Eight

Brody jumped off the horse and hitched it at the hotel before turning back to Elizabeth and reaching up for her. She didn't fight or try to be independent and claim she could get herself off the horse. She wanted to feel Brody's hands on her.

She put her hands on his shoulders and he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down, sliding her body along his own. Once she was on the ground, he tilted her chin up and kissed her softly before turning and walking into the hotel with her following behind him.

He paid for a room and then to her surprise he picked her up. He cradled her in his arms and began to carry her up the stairs, "What are you doing?" she demanded. "You'll break your back for sure!"

Brody looked down at her and raised his brow and she nearly burst out laughing because she had missed that simple action so much, "The day I can't carry my damn wife up the stairs and lay her down in bed, is the day that it's time to just send me out to pasture."

"I love you, Brody,"

Brody smiled as he opened the door to their room and then used his heel to close it behind them, "I love you too, Elizabeth. More than you will ever know."

He stood her on her feet and slipped off her heavy wool coat. There was a bit of a chill in the air, despite the fire in the fireplace but neither was too concerned about it. They knew they'd heat the room up soon enough.

He pressed his lips to hers and then moved them along her jaw and down the hollow of her throat, causing a raging fire to grow deep inside of her and she felt her knees grow weak. His lips moved to her ear and his warm breath washed over her skin.

"We should talk..." he said as her hands quickly shoved the duster coat from his shoulders and began to undo the buttons of his shirt.

"Later," she replied and he moaned her name as her fingertips danced across his chest and left fiery paths in their wake, just the way he'd been dreaming of them doing for months. He undid her shirt and pushed it to the floor as he kissed her hungrily and he felt her stiffen.

"What?" he asked, as he took a ragged breath and pulled away just enough to look into her eyes.

Elizabeth blushed and tried to hide her swollen belly with her arms, "I don't look the same." She was so afraid that he would be disgusted by how large her belly had become.

His lips formed a firm hard line and his eyes flashed with anger, "Perfect." he growled. "You are perfect."

He pressed his lips to her neck and she forgot all about being shy as he moved his lips to her breasts and sucked each nipple in turn until they were hard peaks, beneath his hungry mouth.

Brody dropped to his knees and kissed her belly as he lifted her feet one at a time and removed her boots. He undid her pants and slid them down her long, lean legs, taking the time to let his fingertips run across her pale, creamy skin before standing back up and crushing her lips with his own.

Elizabeth felt as if she was in a dream as his lips devoured her own. Her body was burning hotter than the logs in the fire. Only Brody could do this. Only Brody could give her this heat and bring out this desire and passion. She buried her hands in his hair and pressed her mouth against his trembling throat, teasing his soap scented skin with her tongue and lips.

"I've missed you so much," she breathed into his ear.

"Not as much as I've missed you," he moaned as his hands gripped her backside and pulled her close.