Eight

Jasmine

I wiped my face as I picked up my phone. I dialed 9-1-1 and waited for an answer

"911, whats your emergency?"

"I reported my son missing. His name is Kamden Brown. I just saw him and the woman who took him. I was following her until she pulled out a knife. She's in a blue van, license plate number 54A-871."

"And where did you last see the suspect?"

"I was at Serrania Park. I followed her for a few minutes but I pulled over because she threatened to kill my son. She was heading towards Los Angeles."

"We're sending the police out now. Please remain on the line."

The dispatcher reassured me that the police is actively looking for a van that fits the description that I gave.

Nicole is going to hate it when I get my hands on her. I put the car in drive and drove back home. She's watching me. I can feel it.

"You ok?" Chris came over to me as I walked in the house.

"Yea." I nodded

I walked into the living and sat on the couch with my head in my hands. I need a plan and I need it asap. I sat back and closed my eyes. Previous events replayed in my head.

When she stabbed me, she was in the house when no one was here. She could've been in there for a while. The house is probably wired. That's how she knows our every move. And our cars, she has gps on them.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I was trying to see if I could spot anything. I sat up and looked at Chris.

I looked back and forth between him then the front door.

"What?" He scrunched up his face.

I remained quiet and looked at him and the door again. I began to walk towards the door.

"Where you going?" He stood up.

"Shhhh."

I walked outside and Chris was right behind me.

"Im going to the store." I whispered

"Why are you talking so low? You sure you ok?"

"She's listening."

"Who?"

"Just come on."

He shrugged and pulled his keys out of his pocket.

"No, no, no. We have to walk." I pulled his arm.

"Well can I atleast get my phone?" He questioned and pointed towards the house.

"Leave it here."

We walked for about 15 minutes then we finally reached the store.

"I have a plan." I looked up at Chris.

"We walked all this way just for you to say that? You acting real paranoid right now." He laughed

"Just listen. Have you ever wondered how she knows our every move and location? She's watching us. She was in our house alone. There's no telling what she planted in there. Remember when we were supposed to meet the first time and she wanted me to come alone? But you came anyway? She knew that. She knew everything. We have to be smart about this now. It has gone on for way too long now. We are going to have to set her up. And you're going to have to let me go by myself."

"Bullshit." He turned around and looked at me

"You have to. Its the only way."

"Im not letting that happen, I'm sorry."

"Yes you are. I wasn't asking."

"Cool. You're in charge, boss." He walked off

"Let's go." I walked pasted him and out of the store

"So, you got a plan?" He draped his arm around me

"I do. When she calls, you have to let me go by myself. Wait 15 minutes and then you leave in the opposite direction. Go to the police station and tell them the plan. Call my phone and I will leave it connected so they can track my location. I will go in, act like I'm going to go through with the exchange, she gets arrested, I get Kam and everyone is happy." I smiled

"She won't be happy." He laughed

"Fuck her."

"Ok so what if it doesn't go as planned?"

"I might kill her." I shrugged "I probably will kill her. She needs to die."

"You so violent."

"Nah. You haven't seen violent. I been holding back and letting my emotions get the best of me but fuck all of that. She is going to die and I'm going to be the one to kill her. She took my son and killed my unborn. Death is coming to her soon and thats a promise."

"Don't kill her. That's jail time babe. You don't need that."

"I need to kill her, bring her back to life and kill her again." I laughed

"You really are crazy." Chris stopped walking.

"Yes I am." I smiled

"I can't believe this."

"Look." I nudged Chris' side as we approached the house.

A black car was sitting on the opposite side of the street.

We walked into the house and my phone instantly began to ring.

I slid my finger across the screen to answer the call.

"Well, isn't it nice for you two to be back." Nicole's voice came through the phone

"Needed some fresh air."

"Right. Well are we going to do this deal or what?"

"Where do you want to meet?"

"I'll text you the address. Meet me there in the morning. And no funny shit. Come alone. This is your last chance." The call ended

"Playtime bitch." I smiled and tossed the phone on the couch.