Seventeen

Chris

"I can't take this. I need my daughter and grandson to come home safely."

"I understand." I reassured Jasmine's mom

"She has been through so much. And now Kam is going through things that no child should. I just don't understand why people mess with her."

"I don't know either but I know she will get past it."

"I know it's that lawyer. I just know it is."

"I don't know who it is but hopefully the police can pull off a miracle and find out before something happens. I'm not worried about Jasmine getting hurt. I'm just worried about her hurting whoever took them."

"I know." She sighed. "The last thing I need is for her to be back in jail."

Knocking on the front door pulled me from the conversation. "I'll call you back later. Someone is here."

"Ok."

"Everything will be fine mama." I ended the call.

Approaching the front door, I could hear the police radio going off. I quickly swung the door open and an officer was standing there.

"You found them?" I attempted to look around him

"No...not yet. I just came to drop of your copy of the report. You forgot it at the station."

"Did you find Stephen's information?"

"We're working on getting a search warrant together right now. We have police actively looking as well."

"Ok." I sighed and grabbed the papers.

"We're doing everything we can to make sure we find them in a timely manner."

"Thanks." I smiled

"Have a good day."  The officer walked down the steps.

I closed the door and sat the papers on the counter. I jogged up the steps and walked into the closet. I haven't touched any of their things since I've been home.

Bending over to pick up Jasmine's pants, her phone fell onto the floor.

"Here's her damn phone." I mumbled.

I sat the phone on the bathroom counter and continued picking up the clothes. It wasn't a lot so it didn't take too long. I turned off the light in the closet and closed the door. I grabbed the phone and plugged it up.

Trying to stay strong during shit like this is hard. I can't focus on my games. I'm not even performing like I should be in practice.

"Yoooo!" Someone yelled from downstairs.

I rushed down there to find Keeis and Red standing in the living room.

"The fuck ya'll doing here?"

"Uh, first of all, why was your door unlocked?" Red questioned

"Must've forgot."

I watched as they walked into the living room and sat down.

"So you just gonna come in my crib and not tell me why ya'll here?"

"Just checking on you bruh." Red answered

"Yea, man. You found prison bae yet?" Keeis laughed

I shook my head. "I do not have time for the jokes today. Let yourself out whenever ya'll decide to go." I went back upstairs to my bedroom.

Jasmine's phone was on when I came back and the notifications started to come in. I scanned through them but didn't see anything out of the normal. I looked through her contacts and one stood out to me.

"Rey"

I dialed the number and it rang a few times before he picked up.

"Yo, Jas. Where the fuck are you? You and your son all on the news and shit. You good?"

"It's Chris. I'm using Jasmine's phone."

He sighed. "Oh. Wassup man."

"Well I see that you already know about the situation so I wanted to know if you could help me out."

"What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know but I just want to find them. I feel like the police is bullshitting right now."

"Yea. I feel you." He paused. "Text me your address. I'll come through and we can figure something out."

"Aight. Cool." I ended the call and sent him the address.

Jasmine

Steph picked up the chair I was tied to and sat me up.

"You're so beautiful." He placed his hand on my shoulder and stepped behind me.

He yanked my head back so that now I was looking up at him. He kept his eyes locked on mine as his free hand traveled from my neck to my chest to down in my shirt.

"Get the fuck off of me."

"Can't fight back now, can you?"

I remained silent

"I can't hear you." He leaned down closer to my face.

"Ok, you win."

"What?"

"I said you win." I sighed. "It's no point in even fighting with you anymore. Just get this shit over with so me and my son can leave."

"You're not leaving me."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Ok. Whatever. Just untie me. Please."

A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it.

"I knew you would come around." He caressed my cheek with his thumb