Control - Chapter Eight

"Ollie! Stop! Leave me alone!" I scream as Oliver barges into my room, a look of pure fury on his face. "Where is it, Marley. I'm not playing your little games." "I, I don't know what you're talking about," I try to respond with the same anger, but feel like I'm breathing underwater. I watch as he continues to shout at me, his face getting redder and his voice getting louder. For some reason, I just can't comprehend a word coming out of his mouth. It all just seems like gibberish with a slight tinge of upset. Oh hey, maybe this is the vertigo. All of a sudden, I can't stop giggling. Wow, maybe I shouldn't have taken that second one. Crazy. I watch as Ollie grabs my arms and pulls me up, looking right into my eyes for what feels like forever. Finally, he pushes me back down, and I watch as he goes through my desk. What must've been less than a minute feels like an eternity as I'm frozen, unable to react as Ollie continues his rampage. When he finds the bag, he turns back to me, says something in his gibberish language, and leaves. Whoops. I fall back onto my bed, laughing even harder as he slams the door closed on his way out.

A FEW HOURS LATER

"Listen, Moira-" "Moira? Excuse me?" "Fine; listen, mother dearest, I'm fine, I swear" As the lie slips of my tongue, I feel the full impact of the vertigo pill kick in. Uh oh, the giggles are coming back. Moira continues to yell at me, saying something about the importance of me pulling myself together for the sake of the family, ya know, the works, however there are three of her so it becomes hard to focus on one. She grabs both of my hands and holds them, her thumbs rubbing my knuckles in what I can only assume was meant to be a loving gesture. In this situation, it was just her pretending our family wasn't ruined. It was a sweet gesture, by all means, for her to try and have a heart-to-heart conversation, there's no denying that. It was just a couple years too late. I could no longer bring myself to a state of fake happiness solely to ease her guilt. I was done. She can't control me. Feeling exhausted, but also somewhat like a floating bubble, I drifted off into a deep sleep, prepared to sleep away my troubles.

(A/N - It's been over a year since I've added to this story (whoops) and I'd love any feedback on what direction you'd like to see this go in/ any ideas you guys have for Marley's future! I have a couple ideas, but I'd really appreciate any thoughts you guys had so I can adjust and improve!)