THE FIRST

Do you know what is first love?

I don't know what it is.
But I do know and remember what it feels like.
First love is the most sincere and purest love in the love line. It will be imprinted in your heart permanently without a warning.

Do you still remember how you first fell in love?

I still remember how I first fell in love, very clearly.

It was a rainy day. It was a little late when I was about to leave school because I was on duty and my partner was absent. I seldom listen to the weather forecast but for some reason, I checked on it. As I was passing through a park nearby, I saw a guy sitting on the park's bench in the rain. He looked depressed. His gaze was blunt and soulless. I nonchalantly ignored him.

Yes, I know I shouldn't have ignored him.

But I'd rather stay out of trouble.

It could've been troublesome.

I, personally hate trouble.

After taking a few steps, something came rushing towards me and bumped into my leg. I didn't see it coming at all. I could feel a wet furball against my leg - felt like a huge caterpillar just slid across my leg. Overwhelmed with disgust, I tripped and fell on the puddle of rainwater on the ground, so was my umbrella. I hated getting soaked in the rain. I was beyond pissed. I turned around and identified the little creature as a puppy which was now moaning at the guy on the bench. I assumed the guy was the owner of that furball. The puppy looked hungry and was all soaked by the clean pee of the cloud. I groaned and walked towards those two annoying eyesore of living things.

"Hold this," I told the guy. He ignored me.

"I need your help, sir," again I directed my words at him. He looked up at me. He was a young adult, maybe around the age of 23 or so, I couldn't be too sure because he had a ring around his ring finger. He had a clean face, just a messy and soaked hair which I found it oddly attractive for some reason. He was wearing a suit and there was a coat on the bench beside him. He looked like he had been sitting there for hours - his soaked white long-sleeved button-up shirt shaped his well-built body. Not to deny the fact that he is a very good looking human. I tried to act normal without giving any signs of blushing as I realised how stunning he actually looked.

"Would you be kind enough to help me hold this just for a few seconds?," I questioned with a hint of annoyance and held out my umbrella to him as I began to feel raindrops trickling down my neck.

"I don't need it." he said as he looked back down on the ground.

"It isn't for you, mister." I exclaimed.

He gave me a look that clearly displayed what-are-you-talking-about.

"It is soaked." I pointed at the puppy. He smirked and finally took my umbrella.

"Can I use that?" pointing to his coat.

"Sure," he said with a slight smile. I looked at him for a while but I turned my attention back to the coat. I picked up the coat and covered the furball with it.

"Listen up you little furball, I don't quite care what happened to you, whether you got lost or ran away from home or anything at all. Nothing is going to happen if you just sit there and hoping someone will come along to take care of you and hoping that things will go the way you want it to. So get your ass out of this miserable weather and do something."

I must be insane. I was actually lecturing a puppy about life. I paused for a moment to glance at the guy before continuing. "Got it, furball?" I held the puppy up. I wasn't hoping for an answer. The guy seemed amused and chuckled whereas the puppy just stared at me blankly wagging its tail. Sigh, did this furball even understand anything I just said?