11;

I got to the place of the competition. I have to tell them team about Espy.
I walked over to the team and I had no idea how to tell them.
"We heard. Who's going to fill in for Espy?" James asked.
"I say Jen should."
"Oh hell no I don't know her part the only one who knows it well enough is Maddie. She was the one who made the dance."
"Will you do it Maddie?" James asked.
"Fine." I said.
We all got into costume for the dances we were in. The first dance I was doing was the trio. We waited until we heard our name.
"Berkshire Academy."
We walked on stage and I could see the group of people from our school. We all got into place and the music started.

I'm the girl in the middle when it stars, them Jen is on my right, and Marcie is on my left. After we were done. We heard a bunch of clapping. We walked of and went to change. I changed into my duet outfit. They finally got to the duets and can I just say I'm very nervous. As they called more schools and got closer to us I could barely breath.
"I can't do this'll I said to James.
"Yes you can. You're an amazing person, captain, and dancer. You can do this."
"Thanks."
We waited about 5 more minutes and the we heard our name was called. We walked on stage and got into position.
We heard the music start and that was our que.

When it was over and we were off stage there was an intermission. I was running to the bathroom trying to hide my tears. Unfortunately I ran into someone. I looked up and saw Max and Harvey.
"Hey you looked gre- are you crying?" Max asked.
"No." I said while getting up and running.
I got to the bathroom and let it all out. God why did she have to leave!
"Maddie?"
"Yes."
"It's me Kimberley and Emily."
I came out of the stall I was in and they hugged me.
"Hey it's ok. You're strong you can do this." Emily said.
"It sounded like you were preparing me to get married."
I said laughing.
"Let's get back out there and show they what you're made of." Kim yelled.
We walked out and I found my team.
The all engulfed me in a hug.
"It's ok Mads. We all miss her. Maybe not as much as you but we do." Josh said.
"I know. No let's kick some butt!" I yelled. We ran of to the side of the stage, because they were calling people again.
"Next up we have the solo category. And from Berkshire Academy we have Maddie Smith." The announcer said. Shit I was first.
I walked on stage and waited for the music to start.

After I was done, I was out of breath. I walked of stage and I went to get some water. We had a 25 minute break because of all the other solos. We all went and changed for the girls contemporary dance. When the solos were done we waited to be called. After a few minutes we were up. We changed the dance a few times to one we had done in the past. No one ever saw it cause we never competed with it it was like a private dance. We pushed a table on the stage and put four telephones on it. When we heard the music we k ew it was time to go. I was going to be one in a black dress, but I took over Esperanza's part. I'm in white, the one on the left in black is Jen, Marcie in the middle, and Lauren on the right.