the history of black stereotypes.

Fatherless Homes.

The "fatherless black children" stereotyped began in 1954 with the Pruitt Projects

The "fatherless black children" stereotyped began in 1954 with the Pruitt Projects. The project was built in St. Louis, Missouri in 1954. The projects were the first time that black Americans received federal financial help, yet the help fell under conditions. The projects were mutually made for both young, white tenants and black tenants but the two would be separated by buildings so the interactions were limited. The projects had 2, 870 units but 20 families were forced to share communal rooms. The entire community was dirty, small, and the lack of privacy made it all the more easy for families to be displaced and ransacked.

The Pruitt-Igoe Projects were a government project that would only house black women and children, but the man of the house was not allowed to live with his family. The families that had male figures would be denied approval for living situations or their rent would be subject to change however the government saw fit. With little to no money to pay for the presence of the black male figure, he would be forced to leave and the mothers' living in the buildings at the time said that they had to raise their sons to "become men" at early ages. Besides the fact that these male figures weren't allowed to live with their families, they also had to apply for visitation on weekends - which of course never went well with the superintendents. The Pruitt Projects spawned the entire idea that the black man abandoned his family, when in reality he was forced to. 

The "Savage Black Man." 

For decades the black man has been seen as uncivilized and rowdy, but the origin of this stereotype comes from "The Birth of A Nation" and "The Nigger," which are two of the most noted films that depict black men as the savages they supposedly are

For decades the black man has been seen as uncivilized and rowdy, but the origin of this stereotype comes from "The Birth of A Nation" and "The Nigger," which are two of the most noted films that depict black men as the savages they supposedly are. Black men in the films are said to have raped white women [which is the worst crime you could ever do to the white race apparently], denied their Masters' (or law enforcement) the right to civilize them, and defied any ruling that would make them appear to be "human."

To go along with the films and media that white people demonized black men with, they also conducted science experiments that would compare black people to animals. They would examine the height, weight, bone structure, nose construct, pain tolerance, and rough hair "almost fur like" to be able to compare it to gorillas and bears. But as we all know or should know, black people have zero ties to being Neanderthal which would completely wipe out the ideal of evolution [from gorillas to humans].