• Chapter IX~ Sienna•

For a second the world went out of focus, the sharp lines and shapes becoming blurs of color, nothing seeming like it usually would

In that moment I felt completely vulnerable, not being able to see, not knowing what dangers were around me. But there was no feeling of panic inside, no racing thoughts of how to protect myself, just an odd sense of calm because I knew Leo was right there with me.

I was trusting him. And I had absolutely no idea why.

And then it was gone. It was as if it had never been there to begin with, just like a snowflake. There one second, gone the next.

As the world sharpened, everything looked brighter, sounds were clearer, and it felt as if I was looking at the world through someone else. And I realized that I was.

The bond had been formed.

I let out a soft gasp. This was not suppose to happen. How could the bond have been formed so soon?

I was not ready for this, I was not ready for Leo to be able to know my thoughts and feelings with no way for me to keep him out. I gulped shutting my eyes for a second. I couldn't panic. Not now, not in front of everyone. I couldn't hide my face behind my mask anymore, half of it had been revealed.

I couldn't appear weak. I just couldn't. I had gotten stuck as a princess, and I had to face the responsibilities that came with it. If the bond could be formed, there had to be a way to severe it.

I thought I would be ready for this. I thought that there wouldn't be problems if the bond was forged. I just didn't realize how much weight the bond put on your shoulders. It was a cruel thing. It fed of off both energies, my wind and Leo's fire.

If one of the energies died out then the burden of the bond would increase. It would slowly kill the one of us that was still alive.

I was in huge trouble. I couldn't kill Leo and he couldn't kill me.

"Sienna," my name left Leo's lips in a soft whisper, causing my stomach to clench. "It's time I get to see your face."

Immediately, whatever I'm feeling for Leo disappears; a feeling of strong dislike taking its place.

Leo chuckles and I can feel his amusement as if its my own. "I know you don't like me Sienna, but you have to show me your face now. I want to see who the girl behind the mask is." He whispers in my ear as his thumb traces the skin beneath my mask.

I step away, heart beating fast. I turn towards him, trying not to show the foreign feeling of being flustered.

Leo was not making me feel like this. It was the corset, it had to be.

Stupid corset.

"Oh, what is it Princess? Your breathing got a little fast. Having trouble with your corset, or is it someone else?" he asks. His head is tilted to the side, and his eyes glint with mock concern.

I straighten up, a frown masking the unease inside, opening my mouth to reply when King Raynor cuts me off.

"Is that who you think is Sienna, son?"

"Yes, father." Leo answers before winking at me, a smirk on his face.

I turn around to see king Raynor smile, "Very well then, congratulations Prince Leo and Princess Sienna, you have accepted the bond. You are officially husband and wife. Future King and Queen."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Leo stared at my half masked face with his head cocked to his side. His eyes held an unquenchable curiosity; they wanted to see my face.

His thirst would be quenched now though.

I wasn't one to be affected by a man, so why was my heart going crazy?

"You know, judging on what I know about you so far, you aren't going to like this whole ordeal are you, Sienna? Huh, would you look at that? The mean, scary princess is terrified of me. Who knew I'd be one to unravel you, Sienna?" Leo's eyes twinkle with happiness. Sadistic happiness.

That's what I probably looked like before I killed someone. Interesting.

"And the egoistic, fake prince in front of me is nervous. Look at your hand, it's shaking. Oh you poor baby, do you need mommy?" I ask tilting my head to mimic his position. "That is awfully sad. Don't be afraid of me, I don't bite. But I can kill you in a matter of seconds." I smile.

Then, with quick movements, Leo's hand find themselves by the side of mask, ripping it off and burning it.   The cold air immediately stabs my naked face, and I find myself blinking several times to comprehend what just happened.

And then my eyes focus in on the man in front of me. The man who stole my mask. The man who weakened me. I struggle to keep my anger in check as he stares at me with wide eyes, his hand reaching out to touch my face.

"Sienna," my name falls from Leo's lips as his the back of his fingers come to stroke my cheek. I swallow hard, trying to keep my emotions in check.

He distracted me, tempting me with words. And I had taken the hook, allowing him to rip off my mask.

But, for some reason, along with the raging fury of his betrayal, something in my stomach flutters, and a heat shoots up the back of neck. The tattoo on my hand that reminds me of Leo's magic stings. The lines are glowing a fiery red, and the magic seems to be  burning me on the inside.

I can feel Leo's fire seeping through my bone, charring it. But when I look at my arm, there's nothing. No fire, no clue to what's happening.

Leo's jagged breathes sound in front of me, and I find myself looking back at him trying to see if what happened just occurred.

"Did-did you feel that?" Once again Leo's eyes are wide, from the intense shock of trying to figure out what just happened.

I am sure my face mimics his, both of us wondering how we seem to be killing each other without knowing.

"I did." I let out a shaky breath, trying to calm myself. Was it the bond? Is the bond doing something? Was the bond trying to kill us already?
---
This has to be my favorite chapter so far. And so much has happened! What do y'all think is going on? Tell me, cause I don't know :). And yes, I realize this is kinda of a short chapter but that seemed to be the best place to stop. After all, I love cliffhangers! Until next time!
-a slug, cause these guys deserve appreciation too ya know? Them snails are stealing all the limelight. :)