;prologue

"yoon jiyoon i love you", jinyoung confessed as raindrops started falling around the two. the sky grew dark as more rain clouds became more evident in the sky. all around them, people were getting into taxis, running on the sidewalk with their umbrellas, couples running together, side by side, sharing an umbrella. all that didn't matter as his focus was all on jiyoon. the small girl who stood in front of him, not able to make eye contact, but instead look at the ground, fidgeting with her fingers at the sudden confession.

"i...i cant love you back. im sorry jinyoung", jiyoon replied to jinyoung's confession. he couldn't look at the face he loved so much. it was covered by her wet hair. it didn't stop him from reaching her chin and lifting it so that their eyes met each other.

"why can't you love me back, i don't understand". the soft whisper that rang through jiyoon's ears, making her feel worse as time went by. she had to be honest, she wanted to confess that she loved him back, but it was kept back.

"am i not perfect to you? do i need to prove myself to you? when will you accept me? jiyoon please answer me. you know how much this confession means to me. you know how im always shy around you. for once i gathered the courage to even confess. please jiyoon. all im asking for is your response."

he reached for her hands before she pulled away from him. each step he took towards her resulted in one step away from jinyoung. she tried to keep her distance from him. she didnt want to keep him waiting here in the rain, but words wouldn't form in her mouth. it was as if it had been closed shut.

"why won't you answer me now? i ran all the way from school to find you walking out alone in the rain, with no umbrella! jiyoon why do you make me do things like this..i've liked you from the moment you walked into class. you would always hang out with jihoon. i know he's just a friend but it hurts that i can't be like that with you. you never let me get close to you, no matter what i do. i'm just begging for you to open up your heart for me."

"jinyoung....i....can't."

"you're always saying you can't do this, you can't that. what can you do?!"

"i can do everything. from singing to dancing, i can choreograph dances, compose songs, i'm good at studying-"

"then why can't you love me back!" at this point, jinyoung had reached his limit of frustration and ran towards jiyoon, embracing her in his arms. her small figure that fit perfectly. she didn't pull away, none of them wanted to. he wanted to stay like this forever. but forever didn't last long for him.

jiyoon softly whispered a few words before slowly removing herself from the hug,

i...can't get close to you. if i wanted to love you, i would but if i love you, you'll disappear. that's what happens to everyone i love. at one point, they disappear. i can't risk having you be one of those people. i'm sorry jinyoung, i really am.

she ran off into the rain, leaving jinyoung to not only taste the raindrops, but the bitterness of her words.

the last thing he saw, was the one girl he just embraced, being engulfed by a bright light.