;열

november 8; after school

another day went by. tired as usual. i debated if i should head over to the library or go straight home. my mind couldn't decide so i went to go visit Jihoon instead. i was done studying for exams now that it was tomorrow and wanted a day of rest.

Jihoon's house wasn't quite far from mines, so instead i went home to drop off my bag and into a new pair of clothes. i texted him saying i was coming over and locked up my house.

this boy. oh my god. tissues were everywhere, his bowl was left on the table and he was just lying on the couch, in a blanket burrito. the tv was currently on a commercial and the remote was nowhere to be found. i couldn't stand this mess so i ended up cleaning after him, including throwing away his snotty tissues.

minutes later, his living room looked clean just like before. i took a seat next to him, not wanting to mess up his burrito. Jihoon's eyes were glued to the tv, not paying attention to me. this was one of the few times when he didn't give his attention to me unless i asked for it. i didn't want to disturb him but neither did i want to leave him alone. so i " tried " to start a conversation with him.

" hey jihoon. "

i was greeted with silence. it's not like i didn't expect it though. i decided it was best for me to just leave him alone in his house, so i got up. before i could, Jihoon's wrist grabbed mine and pulled me back down into his blanket. i was surprised and was flustered for a bit. his actions were too sudden for me.

i found myself sitting very close to Jihoon in his blanket, watching Pororo. him being sick meant endless affection to me since he doesn't have a girlfriend and i'm the only girl who he is close to. he went from hugging me close to his body to making me sit on his lap so he can rest his head on my back. he later fell asleep, making it impossible for me to move to get something. i ended up staying in that position as i drifted off to sleep.

nighttime;

it was already 8 pm by the time i woke up from my nap. i was lying down on the couch with a blanket draped over me. Jihoon was in the kitchen making snacks when i was preparing to head back home. he begged me to stay but i didn't want Jisung to worry about where i was.

i gathered my things and walked out of his house, making my way home. my street was dimly lit so i hurriedly walked home, not wanting to get caught up with anything especially when i have no one by my side. rustling noises could be heard as i got closer to my home, my heartbeat rapidly increasing. i tried to stay focus on the pathway ahead of me.

it was so close yet so far. all i wanted was to reach home and lay down on my bed, not wanting to care about anything else. i couldn't risk anything, so i ran towards my house and unlocked it as fast as i could, throwing myself into the house. i locked the door and ran up the stairs, shutting my bedroom door close.

i took a look out the window and saw no one. it was completely quiet and nearby houses all had lights out. jisung wouldn't be home until a few hours. so until then, i was on my own. i was too scared to go downstairs, unaware of what could be around me so i just stayed in bed.

hunger came to me and i had suddenly wished i grabbed a few snacks before running up here. it's never too late i guess. i grabbed my phone and slowly opened my door wide enough to peek through. the lights were off and it was impossible to see what was below. i dashed to the wall closest to the stairs and flipped the switch, connecting the lights in the hallway and living room. i felt reassured that nothing was going to come and get me, and walked into the kitchen, feeling relieved .

walking back to my room with my arms full of snacks, i settle down on my bed, starting up my laptop. i open a bag of chips as i wait for my computer to update, not bothered by it. but as i went to grab my computer charger, i hear the rustling noises again, but this time, downstairs. it sounds like it's inside my house, although i choose to not believe so.

bringing my bat with me again downstairs, i slowly creep down, turning on the hallway lights once again. my heart beat again, rapid increases just like when i went home. the closer i was to the living room, the louder the noise got. i remember that i made sure the door was locked and windows were shut close. maybe i was wrong and someone had gotten inside. whatever it was, it wasn't stopping any moment.

i had reached the platform of the first floor and made my way to the door. checking the door knob, it was securely locked in place like i had done before. nothing appeared to be in the living room so my next target was the kitchen. i walked cautiously to the kitchen, not wanting to make any noises.

hugging the bat as close to me as possible, i step into the kitchen expecting something or someone at least. but i didn't. not until a few seconds later, everything becomes pitch black.