;넷

november 6, afternoon/nighttime

i woke up and found myself lying in bed, covered with blankets. i was still in my uniform (thank god) and my bag and textbooks were placed nicely on my desk beside my bed. the door was closed and my curtains were down, covering the last of the sunlight from outside.

i got up and went over to my closer, searching for clothes to change out of my uniform. i grabbed whatever i thought matched, and ended up with a pink oversized sweater and black shorts (like the one from red velvet russian roulette).

i didn't expect anyone to be home at this time, especially jisung but i saw someone sitting on the couch in the living room, watching tv. i couldn't see well because i didn't have my contacts on (let's say she woke up for a bit to take off her contacts; i'm not letting her sleep with if ;-;) so i wanted to go back up and grab my glasses but the person called my name.

" jiyoon, come sit with me for a bit. "

i went and sat down on the couch to see jihoon in clothes other than his uniform. he seemed to have been waiting for me to wake up because as i finally sat in a comfortable position, his head went straight for my lap. i tried not to move as much so he wouldn't wake up but i also needed to text Jisung, letting him know that Jihoon was staying over.

" jihoon, lift your head up. i need to get my phone to text Jisung. "

" don't. i already did. he said it's okay and that i can sleep in his room later on. let me rest please. "

after that, he knocked out and i was left to stare at what was playing on the tv.

a few minutes later, my tummy started grumbling and i knew i was getting hungry. i reached over for the nearest pillow and slowly got up, puting his head on top of the pillow, and grabbing a blanket to drape over him.

i went over to the kitchen and went straight to the fridge to see what we had. there wasn't much except some side dishes, eggs, and things to make a sandwich so i decided to make myself a ham and cheese sandwich.

i grabbed a plate and placed the 2 sandwiches i made, bringing it to the dinner table. i watched Jihoon sleep peacefully and it made me feel thankful for the things he did as a friend, even though i didn't ask for a lot of it.

i went on to eat my sandwiches when jihoon suddenly woke up at the disappearance of me from the couch. he looked for me frantically and saw me sitting at the dinner table, and i could easily tell he felt relieved after seeing me. he got up and went over to the table, sitting on the opposite side of me. he kept staring at me while i ate so i shoved my other sandwich into his mouth to keep him occupied, at least for a few minutes.

" you can go home now jihoon. i can stay home by myself. "
" nope, your brother asked me to stay until tomorrow morning. "
" goddamit jisung. i'm going to kill him. "
" which gives me a reason to stay here longer if you get what i mean. "
" park jihoon, get out of my house. "
" not if i bring you with me. "
" let's go out. "
" as in date or ... "
" jihoon stop dreaming, you'll never date me. hurry up and change so we can go take a walk outside. "

i cleaned up my mess and took the plate to go do dishes, giving him time to change. i headed upstairs to find something normal to wear and chose a blue crop top sweater and and black pants.

jihoon was already downstairs, so i took a look at this outfit, i questioned it for a bit, but realized he was probably the only one that could pull it off.

we left the house and headed out into the well lit streets. it was cold but i tried not to pay attention to it as i was focused on the sidewalk ahead of me.

there weren't much people out at this time so it was pretty empty. we talked towards the direction of the neighborhood park and sat on a bench facing the playground.

" jiyoon, i'm gonna go grab some snacks and drinks so please don't leave this spot. "

he got up and left for a convenience store, leaving me to look at my nearby surroundings. i spotted someone sitting on top of the playground . the figure looked familiar but i thought i was seeing things. no way it could be that person.

i was tempted to leave the bench because i didn't know when i would see that person again. i disobeyed jihoon and left the bench for a bit. i ran towards the playground and climbed my way up. i reached the top and was about to touch the person that stood in front of me but someone called me.

" jiyoon is that you? "

i turned around and saw my classmate, jinyoung, looking up at me from below. i turned to the figure but it disappeared. i felt upset and many other emotions but i couldn't blame it on the fact that someone called my name. i just didn't know when i would run into that person.

i got off the playground and went down to greet him.

" hi jinyoung. "
" uhm...hi..yeah.. "
" i don't mean to sound rude or anything but you always stutter around me. do i make you feel uncomfortable? "
" oh no it's nothing like that. it's ju...just i'm shy around people i- "

" jiyoon i'm back with drinks- who is that with you? "

i didn't hear the rest of his sentence as jihoon came, walking with grocery bags in his arms. jinyoung faced the direction of the voice and saw jihoon staring back at him.

" what were you saying again? "
" it'suhnothing. ishouldgonow. i'll see you at school. "

jinyoung ran off in the opposite direction and took a sharp corner, dodging out of me and jihoon's sight. and that was the last i saw of him.

dayum who is the figure???