;아홉

november 8; school time

i entered the classroom, already filled with students in their seats, looking up at me. i arrived at school a few minutes late due to not managing my time well beforehand.

before school ;

i looked at the name that was scribbled next to mines.

" Kim Sohee "

it didn't quite ring a bell, but it felt as if i have a connection to it. and just like any other time, my head started to ache. i clutched onto my head, fighting the urge to collapse. i grabbed ahold of my desk, keeping me upright as the pain slowly vanished a few seconds after it had appeared. beads of sweat formed itself on my forehead and little by little, trickle down my face. i ran to the bathroom, the cold water rapidly hitting my face, trying to calm myself down.

this pain that i received whenever i tried to remember something was too much for me. i forced myself to continue on, despite what mess i'm in right now. so i left the bathroom, drying my face off with a dry towel and sat on my bed, staring down at the photo.

in it, stood me and Sohee, making a heart together in front of .... school? the background was oddly too familiar that i could recognize it anywhere. she went to my school? my mind was filled with many questions that i wanted to ask jihoon or jihye or yomi or maybe even jinyoung.

i needed to go to school.

i checked the clocked and felt a sudden rush, noticing that i was already 5 minutes late.

now ;

i sat down in my seat, not making eye contact with anyone. it already felt awkward enough that jihoon wasn't here so i didn't have anyone to hang out with for the day. jihye who was behind me, was quiet as usual, jihoon's seat next to me was empty, and jinyoung was busy doodling in his notebook. ' i guess that makes 2 of us not focusing on the lecture . '

skip forward to lunch YAY ;

the lunch bell rang and students filed out of the classroom, wanting to stretch their bodies and get lunch. i stayed in my seat, taking out the picture i encountered in the morning. should i ask people about Sohee or keep quiet? i chose to stay quiet, ignoring my curiosity. i was going to walk out of the class for lunch but out of my peripheral vision, i saw Jinyoung move over to Jihye's seat, sitting down next to her.

i questioned if they were dating or not because they seemed to be pretty close. she was laughing to the jokes he made or he would laugh at the careless mistakes she made. it didn't matter to me as i was bound to find someone like that for myself . i stole one last glance before heading out for lunch, making eye contact with Jinyoung, a sense of sadness in my eyes.

my cousin Yomi was nice enough to treat me out for lunch, although she made plans to hang out with friends. we walked to a not so far restaurant and took a seat across of each other. we both ordered and began our conversation as we wait for our food.

" so jiyoon, how's school? i haven't talked to you in days. "
" school is alright, just some tests here and there. "

is now the time to ask her about Sohee?

" oh that's nice i guess. tests keeping you real busy huh? "
" yeah, you're right. hey i have something to say. "
" go on ahead, i'm listening. "

i told her all about these dreams about Sohee and asked who she was and if i had a connection with her.

" oh uhm Jiyoon, i uh didn't expect this type of question so suddenly. how do i answer this...? ah, there's our food, let's eat. "

i looked at Yomi and she looked nervous, her pupils shaking as she tried to focus on eating instead of answering my questions. something had to be up.

we both finished eating, paid, then left to go back to campus. i wanted to bring up what she wanted to say but i don't think she wanted to talk about it because she usually initiates the convo. she probably didn't want to this time so i let it go.

" if you think, i don't want to talk to you about it, i actually do want to. i just don't know how to bring it up without hurting your feelings. "

she probably thought that what she is about to say will hurt my feelings. i doubt it will...i'm strong enough to handle anything that is given to me, i think. i wanted her to continue on but she didn't. i did feel a little upset but i understood her. maybe it's best if i don't know about it.

Yomi went back to her friends and i went back to class. i overheard a few people talking so i didn't walk in just yet.

" Jinyoung, why are you doing this? it's obvious so stupid. why can't you be smart? "
" okay look Jihye, i don't care about your opinion on this whole thing just go along with it. "

' just go along with it. ' what did he mean??

it was now or never as i stepped into class, interrupting their conversation as the 2 became flustered in a matter of seconds. Jihye went back to her seat quietly, as if nothing had happened and Jinyoung scratched his nape awkwardly heading out of class, leaving me and Jihye.

" are you and jinyoung- "
" yes me and him are dating. will you please leave me alone? "

i watched her close her books and shove them into her bag, walking out the door, yelling out Jinyoung's name.