Chapter 2

Two more faces joined the first, but these faces were unfamiliar. One of them was a very large dark skinned man with black hair tied back by an orange headband. The other was a very sort slight boy with messy caramel colored hair and large thin-framed glasses covering half of their face.

So it wasn't a Galran force that had taken him, but he had already assumed as much from the interior of the ship. However, he still didn't know the name or cause of the force that had taken him, only that he felt slightly betrayed by the fact that he had protected this man only to be captured by him and thrown into a cell to rot.

All three of them were whispering amongst themselves and despite his hearing Keith could not decipher their words. The room must have been heavily sound proofed.

The big man would say a word or two and then look at Keith as if he were afraid, even though there was no way for him to get out. The little one was watching him with a calculating gaze that he felt uneasy under.

And then there was the familiar man. Now that he was closer and not moving Keith could see the color of his eyes. They were blue. A color he could appreciate since, where he came from, most of the people's eyes were fully yellow. The man's darker skin tone made his eyes seem brighter than they really were. But that wasn't what Keith was noticing. Keith was noticing the emotions that were swimming in his eyes and taking over his facial features.

The man seemed to be conflicted. He had a slight frown on his face as he looked into the cell and Keith had a feeling that that was not an emotion that was common to him. He bit his lip as he thought about something and furrowed his eyebrows before taking a breath and responding to something one of the others had said.

Keith glared at the man. He was standing around with who Keith assumed where his friends while Keith was locked in here with not even a pillow to keep him company.

There seemed to be a bit of an argument beginning. The one that had asked the man the question, the small one, seemed taken aback by the man's response, but it was the big one who replied with large hand motions and wide eyes. He seemed to be trying to make a point but the man just shook his head and peered to the left at something that was hidden from Keith's vison. The man lifted his hand and pressed it against the wall.

"Who are you?" The man asked with a static laced voice and Keith realized he must have pressed an intercom button. Before Keith could decide whether or not it would be wise to respond, the large man's "hushed" voice entered the room.

"Lance, Allura said no! She's gonna kill you!" He stage whispered.

"Take your finger off the button dammit!" The small one said and slapped his- Lance's- hand down, taking the static with it. A silent argument ensued and Keith watched with slight amusement at the large gesticulations that the group took to. After a few minutes it only got tiresome.

He planned on spending as little time in this cell as he could. If he wanted to get out it would mean cooperating. Sadly, he had no idea what they wanted. He would have to put his aggressions aside, no matter how strong they were or how much he wanted to act upon them. He could play nice for a while. Just until he got what he needed and could escape at least.

Keith pulled the blanket off from around his shoulders and placed it down on his "bed" before stretching briefly. He stood and walked to the window. The group didn't notice him until he tapped on the glass, affectively grabbing their attentions.

The big man jumped and the little one took a small step away from the window. Lance snapped his head to Keith's direction and froze. Keith had to point to where he assumed the intercom button was before Lance moved again.