Chapter 5

Lance POV

Lance, Pidge, and Hunk had been forced to wait outside of the "cell block" (It wasn't really big enough to call it a block, but there were 5 "cells" tucked off to the side of the castle and, for lack of a better name, that is what it was called) while Allura interrogated Keith. They all understood why this had to be done, but that didn't mean that a certain someone was happy about it.

"Dude, that isn't fair, Allura is so intimidating!" Lance complained. All three of them stood in a semi-circle around the hallway's entrance. The hallway curved and cut off their vison to the end, making it impossible for the paladins to see Allura or the cell.

"It will be fine, Lance. Keith seems like he's telling the truth, Allura will be able to see that." Hunk says.

"Don't you, "It will be fine Lance" me! You are a traitor and I can't be your friend!" Lance crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

"Haha, Lance, you gotta admit, the look on his face when I told him about you checking on him while he was sleeping was so worth feeling your secondhand embarrassment." Hunk chuckled. Pidge laughed at Lance with Hunk.

"Man! I missed it." She complained.

Lance's face had been burning when Hunk had kept rambling about Lance's little habit to Keith. Lance had ended up becoming adamant and probably made a fool out of himself while he had been trying to save his dignity. But that was nothing new to him.

Lance ran over the last encounter with Keith in his mind. He and Hunk had returned with Keith's food and ended up not being able to give it to him. Lance remembered Keith's face as he told him, how it fell and his ears folded down in disappointment and he looked utterly dejected. If it had been hard for Lance to think of him as a ruthless Galra soldier before, it had become impossible for him to think of Keith as one after that. He was determined to get his savoir some food and pay off the debt that he owed to him, because there was no way that Lance was going to owe anyone anything.

Of course just getting him food wouldn't be enough to repay someone for saving his life twice in a row, but it was a good start.

Hunk went and got Katie, well Pidge- He still though Pidge was a much cooler name than Katie, so that is what he called her, along with everyone else in the castle- and while Hunk was gone he attempted to start some small talk, get to know Keith a little better, when suddenly it was Lance being grilled like he was the one in the cell.

Eventually the topic turned to the subject of how Keith had saved Lance and in return the group (Even though Keith seemed to think of it being solely Lance's choice) had knocked him out and locked him up in a cell as a prisoner.

That was when Lance had tried to explain. He let all of his guilt seep into every word and spoke sincerely. He told Keith how he had been trying to help him in every possible way, he even took the chance to apologize and promise that he would do his best to get him out. He was in the middle of a sentence when Hunk had shown up with Pidge, and despite the two of them being his best friends Lance didn't want to drag them into any of the mess that he was creating. When he suddenly changed topics from helping him, to what Pidge was good at, Keith had narrowed his eyes at him distrustfully.

Eventually it had gotten to the point where Keith was just glaring at him. Lance was forced to look away and listen to Pidge explain how the food chute worked. He even had to take his finger from the intercom button as Pidge screwed around on the panel before him. At first he had payed attention to the mechanics, but then he felt a sinking feeling in his gut. One he couldn't explain. It was almost like his body was telling him that something was very wrong. He looked around to try to discern what the problem was.