Chapter 19

Keith POV

The training room felt smaller than he remembered, but maybe that was just because the Castle of Lion's training deck had been so much bigger.

He wacked half-heartedly at one of the dummies.

His dads had kept him close for a week after the incident, bringing him along wherever they went while they did their jobs around the Base. People would stop and gawk at him sometimes, like no one actually believed that he was alive.

He hated it when they did that. It made him feel like he wasn't even a person anymore, just some spirit that was floating around haunting his dads.

He growled and chucked his Blade at the dummy across the room, letting out a half-satisfied grunt when it stuck in the center of its chest.

He needed to be out there, looking for Voltron. He felt so restless stuck here on house arrest.

And that's what it was, house arrest. Kolivan and Thace may have let him go about on his own right now, but there was an unspoken rule that hung heavy in the air. No leaving without one of them.

Keith yanked his blade from where is sat and checked the time. A sigh escaped his lips as he realized he had spent the entire day in here. Again.

He wiped away the sweat from his brow as he walked out the door, heading back to his housing unit. He kept his eyes down cast as he walked, avoiding the silent gazes that burned holes through his body.

Oh, how he wanted to be back on the Castle of Lions.

It wasn't flooded with people there. No one was whispering behind his back as if he couldn't hear them, and his friends were there. Lance and the others. The ship itself was better too. Quieter somehow, a calming and lulling hum always present to sooth his mind.

As he thought of the castle he felt a longing pull in his heart. One so strong he was almost weighed down by the feeling, his steps slowing just a bit as his breathing hitched. He was so worried they would be attacked again, that they would get hurt and he wouldn't be there to help. That they would die and he would never even know what happened to them...

"Hey, are you alright?" A feminine voice called out from beside him. Keith was pulled from his stupor to realize that he was leaning heavily against the wall, tears threating to spill over his burning eyes. He pushed himself off the wall and wiped furiously at his eyes. He glanced at the girl who was looking at him with concern.

"I'm-" His voice cracked and he couldn't continue.

"Why don't we go somewhere quiet," She said softly, carefully placing her hands on his shoulders to guide him away from the most heavily used walkways.

He said nothing, more focused on containing his unsteady emotions.

When they reached an area she deemed worthy she released his shoulders and looked him dead in the eyes with her piercing golden gaze.

"Okay, what's going on? You wanna talk about it?" She spoke in a concerned voice that confused Keith. Didn't she know who he was?

"I-" He paused, taking a steadying breath before continuing. "Who are you?" She cocked her head to the side and smiled softly.

"I'm Ziana, but everyone calls me Z, and you are?"

"...Keith."

She must not have been on here for long enough to know who he was. Maybe she was a new recruit?

"Well Keith, you seem to be a little bit sad about something, and every time I'm sad I try to distance myself from everyone else. That always make things worse because I blow stuff out of proportion instead of trying to fix things. The best thing to do is to talk with those close to you, or even just hang out with them. But, if you don't have anyone to talk too, you can talk to me." She spoke with a gentle smile and a soft yet stern voice.