Chapter 25

"How do you know my name?" Matt squinted his eyes at Lance, scrutinizing him. "You're human?"

"Yes Matt! We came from the Galaxy Garrison! And we found Shiro!" Lance was standing and limping towards Matt now.

"Whoa, whoa Takashi is with Voltron?"

"Yeah and Pidge too! She's been looking for you." Lance grabbed Matt's shoulders and shook him in his excitement.

"Pidge? She's here?" Matt stared at Lance with shock.

"Yeah! She's the paladin of the green lion of Voltron and now we have all the lions and all we need is the red paladin and then-"

"I have the coolest little sister in the world." Matt wasn't paying much attention to Lance anymore as he mumbled to himself.

"Matt, she's going to be so excited to see you!" Matt finally turned his gaze towards Lance. He smiled.

"I'm excited to see her too." He sighed. "We'll have to wait until we can contact Voltron though. The Council wants to see you."

"Council?" Lance finally let go of Matt and took a step back. Keith and the others were standing not far off, watching the exchange with mixed reactions.

"Yes, I was sent here to 'fetch' you." Matt made air quotes around the word fetch.

Then suddenly, as if a switch had been flicked on, "Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen, oh my god." Lance said in a harsh voice.

Keith was... very confused. The two humans were talking so quickly and the topic was changing as fast as a lightning strike.

What was wrong with the word fetch? Why was Lance so mad? Who was this human named Matt and why did Lance know about him?

He looked between the two of them with his eyebrows furrowed and his ears held back.

Matt's eyes widened in surprise and his mouth formed a small 'oh' before he was suddenly laughing loudly as he bent over his knees. Lance joined him, smiling and laughing happily.

It was nice seeing him smile like that after what they had been through, even if Keith had no clue what was happening. He glanced over at Chorrol to see if he understood what was going on but he looked just as confused as Keith.

"God, I missed earth jokes."

"How have you survived without them?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen a meme in over a year and sometimes it feels like I'm a druggie without his fix." Matt chuckled and wiped the tears from his eyes. "I can't wait to see Pidgey."

"She's gonna freak out." Matt nodded his head and swiped his hand in a motion that meant 'follow me'

Lance glanced back towards Keith with an expectant look and Keith quickly made his way to Lance's side. Z and Chorrol fell into step behind them.

"It's a good thing that your brother has such a strong influence on the rebels, Z." Matt commented over his shoulder as he guided them through the twisting hallways. "I had asked the Council to execute a break on the ship as soon as the broadcast was sent out but they weren't having any of it."

"Yeah, Lynic can have that effect on people..." Z made a tsking sound in the back of her throat. "After I convinced him to talk to the Council he tried to make me stay out of 'harm's way.'" She chuckled. "I pretty much told him where he could stick his complaints. His strange mesmerizing, convincing ways don't run in the family, that's for sure."

"It's gotta be magic." Chorrol added. "Sometimes I won't even know what he wants but I'm already agreeing to whatever it is he could want."

Chorrol and Z continued talking about Z's brother, Matt occasionally chiming in with a short story. Soon enough Keith and Lance had changed places with Z and Chorrol and were trailing in the back of the group.