-(2)-

Marla's P.O.V

I run into Lily's room, looking for her, when I spot her curled up in bed, hugging a big pillow.

"Lily!" I bark. "W-what?" She shoots upright, looking next to her. She whimpers, hugging her pillow tighter. "Ash left..." she frowns.

"Lily, you're late for work!" I scold. "Oh!" She jumps out of bed, running to get dressed. "Girls!" Oscar runs into the room, panting. "What?!" we chorus.

"We got an eviction notice!"

We both gasp, staring at each other. 

Christian's P.O.V

"Bro...I feel bad about leaving Lily like that..." Ashton says, his voice shaky. "We needed to go, Ash, we can't leave here for a day, it's too big a risk." I huff.

"Alpha-" someone calls. "Not now." I snap.

"B-but, Alpha- R-rogues!"

I gasp, breaking into a run towards the territory border. "Chris! It's too dangerous! The others are on patrol at the other side of the district, we can't take them alone!" Ashton cries as we see enemy wolves approaching. "I'm worried about the girls, if word gets out we found our mates, they'll be a target-" Ashton's voice breaks, and I see tears in his eyes. "You can't let them touch our girls.." he whispers.

I yell in pain as an arrow goes through my arm, and he gasps. "Beta Frances! The warriors are fighting an arrack from the west border! We're not strong enough alone!" One of our men yells to Ashton. "The Alpha is hurt, fall back!" he barks, attacking an enemy with arrows.

Marla's P.O.V

We all sit around the table, pondering our next move. "We don't make enough to keep this place." Oscar frowns. "What do we do then?!" Lily cries. "I love this place...it's been my home for, like, eight years!" she groans, tugging at her hair.

Oscar sighs, and looks up at us both. "...Would we go our separate ways if we moved houses?" he asks finally, the question none of us dared to ask. "I can't leave you guys..." he pouts.

"We know, Ozzie," I smile, hugging him tightly. "Ah!" Lily gasps, clenching her fists, her head tipping down in what appears to be pain. "What's wrong, sweetie?" I ask with concern. "I-I got the pain again- The burning-" she squeaks. "Hm.." I frown, walking over to her.

We get this every once in a while... It's weird...

"Lily!" The door swings open as we see Ashton standing there, panting. "W-what?" she asks in confusion at his sudden entrance. "I don't know... I just felt like I needed to see you..."

Lily's P.O.V

The burning takes over my body, spreading in and out of every inch, and making me cry out. "I'm burning again.." I wince. He frowns, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my small body. He slides his hand up my back, making me sigh in relief as the burning eases. "You should seriously see a doctor about that..." Oscar frowns. "It's perfectly normal from time to time, no need for a doctor." Ashton huffs. "Mind if I steal her? No? Okay!" He picks me up bridal style and carries me upstairs, making me giggle and squeal.

"Ash!" I squeal as he drops me on our bed, making me bounce. "What's gotten into you, huh?" I question.

The burning comes back as his hands leave my body, and I whimper. "Why is it only when you touch me it stops?" I huff, twisting and turning in discomfort. "I'm sure it's h-happened with other people," he states, looking away for a second. "It's just the contact that makes it stop... My...sister...used to get that," he says, but it sounds like a lie to me. "No... It's only you.." I frown, crying out as the pain strikes my belly. 

"Ashton!" I whimper. He frowns, holding himself above me. He presses his lips to my jawline, making his way down my neck. "Up." he murmurs against my neck, making me sit up slightly so he can lift my shirt up over my head. I blush, looking away, and he smiles against my neck, kissing further down my body.

I moan softly and arch my back, the pain subsiding. "Ash," I say quietly.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Tell me the truth... What is that?" I question, my mind wandering back to why Marla and I burn sometimes... And why it only goes away by Ashton for me and Chris for her.

"I-" he sighs. "I can't, baby," he says softly, pulling my exposed body into his arms, making all the pain go away. "Why?" I pout.

"Just...because..."

Christian's P.O.V

"You're free to go." the pack doctor says, opening the door for me. "Just don't put too much weight on it, okay?" she smiles sweetly. "Okay. Thanks, Crystal." I huff, walking out. 'Chris! The girls are in heat!' Ashton mind links me.

'Oh no...'

I make my way to their house, going through the forest behind our territory.

Marla's P.O.V

"Just relax, sweetie," Oscar says, picking me up and cradling me, going to take me to my room. "It's probably just cramps and hot flushes or something..." he frowns. "Ozzie, if I pass out-"

"Shush! Don't talk like that. You'll be fine. I'm calling Christian." he cuts me off, laying me down on the couch and pulling out his phone. "N-no!" I choke out. I'm so awkward... Having Chris around would just make things worse...

"Marla!"

The door swings open and I see Chris there, panting like Ashton was earlier. "Are you okay?" he asks with concern.

"H-how did you know?" I ask with shock, seeing Oscar still in the middle of calling. "Ash told me," he says bluntly. "Are you alright?"

"I'm really hot." I huff. He frowns and walks over to me, picking me up as if I was as light as a feather.

How can he do that?!

"Because you are as light as a feather," he says quietly with a smile, and I gasp. "How the hell-"

He chuckles, carrying me up the stairs, and my concentration comes back to the situation at hand. I blush, looking away from the lifelong crush that's holding me so close to him.

He kicks my door open and lays me down on the bed, opening the window. We've never been this close... We were only in the same room alone once, when we almost kissed.... Almost... That's why we were never alone together again...

"How are you feeling?" he whispers, running his fingers up and down my back, stroking lightly. "Better." I sigh, the sparks again leaving trails everywhere he touches me. "Chris," I say softly.

"Yes?" he says with no emotion, as usual.

"Why do we burn? Why did it start for me a few months after I met you? What are the sparks? Why can't you come stay with us... Why do you show no emotion with me?! I know the excuses you make up aren't real... Tell me the truth! What are you hiding?"