-(6)-

Marla's P.O.V

I pace around the room after waking up, still wondering if it was a dream.

I walk into Lily's room, and I see her snuggled up to Ashton, both asleep.

I growl, walking back out and going downstairs to find Oscar asleep on the couch. I almost cry out in frustration, and I grab my coat, running outside into the rain and fog.

Wherever he's gone, I'm going to find him.

Chris's P.O.V

"Good morning." Axel smiles at me from the table, his mate Lindsey sitting close to him. "Hey Chrissy!" she giggles, her beautiful face lighting up, as she's always loved to tease me. "Hey, sweetie." I give her a peck on the cheek, sitting down opposite Axel. "What's wrong?" she pouts, resting her chin in her hand. "You seem down." Axel frowns.

"Well," I roll my eyes. "I've kind of got some bad people after me who want me and my little mate dead.." I groan, burying my face in my hands. "You found her?!" Axel asks in shock, and Lindsey almost squeals in excitement. "Yes, man, it's Marla!" I groan.

His eyes widen, and Lindsey gives him a questioning look. "Who?" she asks.

"Th-the- Marla..The baby..?" Axel asks, gulping hard. "Well, she's not quite a baby anymore, dude." I roll my eyes, looking away. "Wish she was my baby.." I huff.

I get this sudden feeling like she's in trouble, hitting me like a bomb, and I shoot up. "I have to go. I'll be back... I think." I run out the door, leaving them both in confusion. I sense the way to go, and I catch Marla's scent somewhere along the way. I follow it and sure enough, I find her in the forest, surrounded by three wolves. "Get back from me!" she snaps, holding a stick out. Her voice is shaky, like she's trying to be strong, but she is scared. "HEY!" I growl, and all the wolves turn their heads. The moment they see me, they bound off, and Marla stares in shock. "Christian!" she cries, running up to me and jumping into my arms.

"Hey, princess..." I whisper, holding her legs up around my waist. "Hi.." she whimpers. "I told you not to leave the house, didn't I?" I growl. "I'm sorry.." she says quietly, her voice but a faint whisper. I frown. "It's okay, baby," I say softly, stroking her hair and kissing her forehead. "You're here now.."

"I missed you." she whimpers. "Please don't leave me again?"

"I won't, baby, I swear." I frown, pressing my lips to her shoulder softly as I sit her on my lap, sitting on a rock. "Really?" she frowns but then bites back a moan when I kiss her sensitive spot. I smile against her skin, sliding my hand up her back and stroking her softly. "Yes, really." I smile, and her head tips back as I suck on that spot.

I hear growling and snarling, and my head shoots up. My advanced hearing picks up wolves all around, and my grip on Marla instantly becomes ten times tighter. "We have to go. Now." I whisper, holding her close and running. I hear leaves and twigs crush behind us as a pack of wolves chases after us.

I could do it if I wasn't human. But then they'd get Marla...

"W-what is happening?!" she whimpers, looking behind us. "I've got people after us.." I frown.

"But it's okay. Nothing will happen to you as long as I'm around, princess." I whisper, kissing her cheek. "I promise. And there's no one who'll ever love you more, baby." I nuzzle her neck and she buries her face in my chest.

"And I love you too..." she whispers.

(Sorry for the short chapter! It was already 4 am and I had to be up early..😅)