-(4)-

Christian's P.O.V

"Alpha!" My delta, Tiberius calls. "We have a letter from Alpha Blaze!"

I jog over to him, picking up the letter off the doorstep. Maximus Blaze's official Rainworth pack crest sealing the golden envelope. I open it slowly, looking to Tiberius for support. He opens his mouth to say something, but closes it again just as quickly. I pull out a piece of paper, filled with neat running writing. The same writing in many other threatening letters I've received.

I unfold it fully and start to read.

"Dear, (soon to be dead), Alpha Christian Lamar,

It has come to my attention that you've found a mate, Chris..."

I gasp out loud, along with Tiberius, as nobody knows. How did someone find out?!

I continue reading, faster and more frantically than before...

"I'm coming to get you both, Chris. You better watch out...

Coldest possible regards,
Alpha Maximus R. Blaze"

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" I cry, running upstairs and dropping the letter. "Alpha!" Tiberius calls after me, following my trail.

I slam the door open to my huge room, big windows, graceful curtains, a big king bed... but what's a king bed without a queen?

I jump into my chair, picking up a piece of paper and a pen. I start to write, as fast as I possibly can, while still being neat.

"Dear Maximus, I'm leaving the district and I'm taking my mate with me, come after me if you want us that bad, but good luck..."

Of course, though, I'd never put Marla in that kind of danger. I put it in an envelope and seal it with our pack crest. I take the lead and run downstairs to find my messenger. "Hey!" I yell to him as I run over with the letter. "Take this to Maximus now!" I growl. "W-w-we can only make tomorrow, Alpha." he says in fear. "I SAID NOW!" I yell, and he runs off with it. I sigh, burying my face in my hands. Tiberius walks up to me hesitantly.

"It's things like that that make everyone think I'm a monster, huh?" I ask.

"Y-yes, Alpha.." he frowns, and I groan.

"I'm going to my brother Axel's territory, he can hide me for a while until the heat's off." I frown, pulling myself together. "We leave next week." I say sternly.

"Yes, Alpha." he nods, walking off.

I take in a sharp breath, running my hand through my hair. "Marla!" I gasp.

I've left her for four days... I need to say goodbye..

Marla's P.O.V

"Goodnight, guys," I yawn, waving to Lily and the others as they continue talking, not even tired.

I walk into my room, shutting the door and locking it, and I change into just a big t-shirt that Chris let me borrow. I can't help but notice as I crawl into bed under the covers, curling up, that it smells like him.. There's something comforting about his scent and yet... I still feel lonely.. The clock next to me reads 10pm, and I switch the bedside light off, before drifting off alone again, in this big empty bed.

***

A cool breeze caresses my exposed skin after I've kicked the covers off somewhere. Where is it coming from? I closed the window..

I try to crack an eye open in my half asleep state, but find myself too tired to. I feel a weight on the bed next to me, starting at my feet and slowly moving up. Crawling, it seems...