-(5)-

Marla's P.O.V

He sighs, looking away and groaning. "Don't tempt me, princess," he whispers lowly, sucking my sensitive spot lightly and making me moan.

"Gosh you make me crazy..." he chuckles, pulling away.

"It's too dangerous now...as much as I want to.." he bites his lip, looking down at mine. "Oi! Split up!" We hear a voice from outside yell. " I need to go now, sweetheart. I'll be back for you..." he whispers, pressing his lips to mine and lightly nibbling my bottom one, making me smile. "Just don't leave the house until I come back, you understand?" he asks.

"Chris, I need to work! I've got an eviction notice!" I snap. "Here, that should cover it," he says, handing me a bunch of cash. "Jesus!" I gasp at all of it. "Gotta go. I love you..." he whispers, giving me one last kiss before jumping back out the window. I have no idea how he got up...

"Christian..." I reach out to where he left, like a needy baby, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"It's okay.." I hear him whisper, before everything goes silent once again, and the darkness takes me.

***

Christian's P.O.V

(A/N: I believe Marla is 18 and Christian is 23, (which will have some meaning soon), but I know I've got many eagle-eyed readers, so please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I take a deep breath in and out, crawling into bed in the guest bedroom my brother let me sleep in. I wish Marla was here... I think to myself, sighing and hugging a pillow tightly. I still remember how it all started...

"Christian, honey?" My mother, the Luna, calls from the kitchen window. "Come in for lunch in five minutes, okay?"

"Yes, mama!" I call back, still running further out of what still qualifies as "backyard". I find myself on the edge of a forest, nothing but the sounds of leaves rustling and birds.

A baby screaming breaks the beautiful silence of nature, and I look around frantically for the source. I locate it and run as fast as my little six year old legs will take me.

"Hewwo?" I call. "Who's there?"

The baby cries more, and then it goes silent. I run to where the sound was coming from, and I see a little baby, a newborn it seems.

"Christian?"

I hear my fifteen year old brother's voice, from where I entered the forest, shortly after I realised I was lost. "Axel! I'm here! Look!" I cry, kneeling next to the crying baby. I see Axel cut his way through the trees to get to me, and he gasps as he sees the baby. "Christian!" he says, alarmed. "Can we keep it?" I ask excitedly.

"Hey there, little one," he says softly, reaching down and picking up the little girl. She stops crying, her fists slowly closing as she snuggles against Axel, eyes closed. "She's adorable..." he smiles, holding her close.

He always wanted a baby of his own, and he's emotional whenever he sees one.

"Can we keep her?" I ask, jumping up and down. "Please?!"

He shushes me, bringing his hand back to stroke the baby's head as she stirs. His expression turns sour as he looks away, as if checking his back. "What's wrong?" I ask, cocking my head to the side. "I think... I think she's a human, Chris..." he says, frowning.

"Then...what do we do?" I ask curiously. "We have to take her back to a human town. Nobody can find out about this." he says quietly. "But I wanna keep her... she's so cute!" I stand on my toes trying to get a better look at her. "I wanna call her Mara. Ooh- no, Nala. No, no! Marla!" I giggle.

He chuckles. "Marla it is. But don't get too attached! I'm sneaking her into my room so we can take her to a human town when the festival is on. No one will be home then." he says, rocking her gently in his arms.

"You go outside the door and call everyone, I'll hide and sneak her up when they're outside."

"Can't we just turn her into a wolf? Then she could stay with us!" I smirk evilly, showing my canines. "No, Christian!" he snaps. "She's just a baby!"

"So?" I shrug. "Boys!" our mom calls, and we hear footsteps coming into the forest. "Shit!" he mutters. "You go, I'll take her to the human town now. Forget the plan. Tell mom I forgot my phone at my friend's house and I'm going to get it." he says quickly.

I lied to my mom, and Axel told me what happened when he came back, without the baby.

He went to the nearest human town and looked around. He saw two kids playing outside one of the houses, a little boy and a girl, and they ran up to him when they saw the baby. "Awww! She's so cute!" the little girl said. "Ew, girls." the boy rolled his eyes, making him laugh, as he was the same at that age. "Are your parents home?" he asked quietly. They both nodded, and he went to knock on the door.

"Hello? Can I help you?" A middle aged woman opened the door, and he cringed as he heard a squeal, seeing a toddler running around the house being chased by who I'm assuming is her dad.

"Hello ma'am, this is Marla, we can't take care of her anymore... I was hoping she'd go to a good home." he said softly, showing her the sleeping baby. She gasped, looking back up at him. "One moment, dear." she said slowly. "Steven!" she called.

"Yeah?" A middle aged man walked out, holding the little toddler. "I know this is impulsive, but... This baby needs a home.." she looked up at him.

"You seem like a lovely family, and I hoped she'd go to someone with kids." he said with a weak smile.

"We've already got a toddler!" Steven whispered to his wife. "But honey...she has to go somewhere..." she said.

"Fine..." he sighed.

Axel gave them the baby and to this day... Marla still doesn't know.

She doesn't know I named her. She doesn't know she was "adopted", technically. She doesn't know who her real parents are, or how she ended up in wolf territory. She doesn't know any of this happened. She only knows her new family. Nothing before she was three...