10

Day 43

Today Saffron Walters cried until there was nothing left.

I dropped all my plans for the next couple weeks, in fact, I feared your phone call so often that it put me on edge not being around you. But my heart dropped when your name appeared on my screen, I had already started leaving the café before I answered you. There was only silence. How I hated the silence.

I listened to nothing but the sound of your heavy breathing the whole way to you, I knew there was nothing to say but I felt every inch of energy it took you to do so. You swallowed hard as if you were about to speak, yet you couldn't find the breath to. I wanted for you, for nothing but to take the pain for you, but I could only hold your hand.

Once I had arrived at your house, I spoke softly 'Saffron? Saffron let me in.' You hung up the phone and came to the door, your eyes told me the story and you collapsed into my arms as your weeps filled the void. I fell to the ground with you in my arms and tried to hold down the uncontrollable shakes from your screams. I cried with you, held your head close to my chest and I felt every ounce of faith leave your body.

I don't know how, after a few minutes I managed to get you to your bed, your back turned against me to face the wall. Your breathing had slowed, still as heavy as before and I watched as your fingers traced the bumps and small dents of the white paint. We hadn't spoken yet, and I was afraid to, frightened that the smallest sound would break you. You were so fragile and I couldn't do anything about it, you couldn't do anything about it. That's when I knew, if Saffron Walters wanted to be broken, she will remain so until she's ready to start fixing herself.

'He's really gone.' You whimpered, so only the cracks in your walls could understand. 'What do I do with myself now he's gone?'

Day 43, Saffron Walters lost all hopes and dreams when they took away her brother.