7

Day 10
The Saffron Walters gained a new admirer.

You walked into the coffee house again while I was at the side serving another customer. You shot me a familiar smile but I must have been too occupied and totally blanked you. But just as I saw you walking away with your coffee, you seemed a little annoyed at my absence to acknowledge you.

Just as you sat down, you pulled out that book again and I had always disturbed you so many times in the past, I wondered if you ever did managed to read at least another page of it. So, I let you be, at least for a while, allowing you to catch up and have some space away from my annoying persona following you around everywhere.

I remember seeing this one guy eye you up from his own coffee table. I hated it. The way he watched you with a pathetic little smirk and sipping on his stupid, fancy latte with cream atop. What an idiot.

That's when he began to approach you though, lightly tapping you on your shoulder, pausing you mid-sip of your coffee. He smiled and stuck out a hand which you took and returned with your own smile. I saw him indicate to the chair opposite you and you tilted your head slightly into my direction, I snapped away though, pretending I didn't see – or at least that I didn't care.

I noticed you seeing me turn a blind eye again and you gently bowed your head in disappointment but quickly returning to this new guy, accepting his offer.

Putting your book back into your brown, satchel bag, you began conversing with him instead. The way you smiled at the words he spoke and the gentle little laugh at some rubbish excuse for a joke.

He liked you.

And it was immediately obvious, I mean, any guy would but this one in particular – I didn't like. Yet you seemed so oblivious to everything I could see about him. And that was when I had figured that perhaps you were a little mad at me, for ignoring you maybe?

Remembering the black Audi that he came in, I realised I wasn't going to let you get swept off your feet by some idiot who has cream on his coffee and a haircut which resembled an iced gem.

Making my way to approach the both of you, I noticed a somewhat shocked but at the same time relieved expression to see me. That itself reassured me that you wanted me around – at least, for this time being.

I asked him if it was his black Audi just parked outside the café and in response he gave me a dirty look before muttering somewhat of a 'yes' as a response before brushing me off and continuing with whatever conversation you once engaged in.

Placing a firm hand on his shoulder, hating being looked down on by someone who pays for his German car from his old man while he himself not having even spent a single day working, he sent a disgusted look before replying back with a more angered tone.

I told him that there was a traffic warden outside and that if he didn't move his damn car sometime soon he would get a ticket. Without a second glance to you, he hurdled out the door to his precious car.

The second he left, I sat down opposite you and smiled. Folding your arms in annoyance, I continued, amused by you.

You told me that what I did was childish and how you enjoyed the company of this idiot. I shook my head, being able to see right through you. I remember telling you that you didn't really want to know him and that I could see your desperate cries of help for me to come and rescue you.

At that, you cracked, laughing at how right I was and going onto blab about what it was he was talking about, something to do with money or perhaps his vanity. By that point, I phased out again, on the outside appearing that I was listening but really I was trying to figure out something I have tried to the very day I first came to meet you.

Who is Saffron Walters?

Day 10, the day Saffron Walters got me jealous over some idiot who tried to flirt with her.