Hunter

[3rd Person Pov.]

Tia was gone out to find someone while Tord, Edd, and Tom watched over (Y/N). She was asleep most of the time and didn't seem to get hungry or thirsty. Edd would try to act like (Y/N) was "(Y/N)" and talk to her, but she would end up trying to bite him.

[(Y/N)'s Pov.]

You looked around me to see a field.

Just a field.

This field was dotted with patches of white and yellow dandelions and green grass. You found yourself in a flowy whiye dress with a red hem and red sandals. Your hair was tied up in a loose ponytail with a red ribbon. Your strands of (H/C) hair moved along the wind like the grass and flowers did.

You didn't know where you were, but you felt like none of this was right. You remembered making breakfast at home with Edd and Tom while Tord was at the Red Army base with Mason. None of this seemed real. You walked around for what seemed like forever, but never found anything.

After about twenty minutes of walking, you saw a hill in the distance with a pink-leaved tree. You walked to it in a short amount of time and stood in the tree's shade. Around the tree were things that gave you memories.

The picture that hung over the tube in your old house of you and Edd.

Your wedding ring in a black box.

Mason's favorite toy robot.

Everything seemed the same. You walked to the back of the tree and let out a short gasp. Leaned against the tree stood the family photo that was on the mantel at home, but someone had torn you out of the photo with, what seemed like, claws.

[Tia's Pov.]

Having (Y/N) back with me was amazing, but I knew better to think this situation was good. I walked through the forest, following the old compass in my hand. It was purple with gold lining the edges and white swirls. The special thing about this compass was that only certain people were able to read it. People like me.

Not specifically witches or wexari (people who can use magic without a grimoire, a spellbook most witches use), but people who have the ability to use magic toys without effort. People who can't see multiple hands spinning slowly.

This compass was a gift from an old friend of mine who I granted the gift of turning anyone into a wexari.

I stopped and looked up at the fence of wooden people. These people were sacrificed to make this fence and they took great pride in it. As I walked towards it, the alarm didn't set off, because this village knew me as a trader.

The fence split and opened up like a gate and sealed behind me. Multiple young children ran up to me and greeted me with things like flowers and toys that they wished to mend with me. I greeted them as well and continued walking, gaining a "Hello" from quite a few people.

I knocked on the door of my old friend and he opened it. "T! It's been a while!" Hunter said. Hunter had kind brown eyes blonde hair that was always parted from the left side to the right to creat waves. His clothes were different from the rest becaue he was from the World (seemingly another country and/or place where no one believes in witches or magic): a bright blue shirt with a brown vest and brown pants.

"Hello, Hunter. I'm in town to discuss some trading with you." He flinched a little and nodded. The line "I'm in town to discuss some trading with you" meant that I needed help with something.

He let me in and fixed some coffee for us. I told him about the situation and his interest levels rose above the roof when he heard (Y/N)'s name.

"(Y/N) is that half Wex girl you told me about," Hunter said,"and not you're telling me she won't change back?"

"Yes. I'm here to get Safi."

"That won't do you any good. She ran away."

My heart dropped to the floor when I heard those words. Safi was a normal girl and was always kind to everyone, but I was one of the only people who knew her talent. She was a witch and had the ability to see visions of the future in her dreams. Tia was going to ask her if she had any visions and that she was going to take her with her to go help (Y/N).

"What!? Where did she go?" I shouted.

"No one knows. We had some guests here, Kara and Taff, and they saved Sordyr."

They saved Sordyr? Why would he need saving? He was the Forest Demon! The one who made this horrible place called the Thickety!

"I don't understand," I admitted. There, he told me about how Sordyr had made a grimoire for a princess who was never happy with her toys so that she can make her toys fly and things, but she destroyed the kingdom instead. When his friend Rygoth found out about this power, she tried to use it to "restart the world". Sordyr saw this resetting the world thing horrid because that would mean killing everything and everone on the planet to make everything new again. To stop Rygoth, he turned her into a huge spider and trapped her underground. Rygoth changed the entire story and made it so that Sordyr looked like the bad guy and trapped him on the island as the Forest Demon.

It was a lot of information to process, but I was oly thinking about (Y/N). How was she going to survive this without any proper care or anything?

"Thank you, Hunter, but I have to go," I said I was about to get up and leave when he grabbed my hand. "No! I... I want to come with you."

"What? Why?"

"Because I want to help. You're always helping me out, and I just dont think it's fair."

[Tord's Pov.]

We sat in the cave and waited for Tia. It had been like five hours and she wasn't back yet. "Should we go out and look for her?" Edd suggested.

"If we do and she comes back while we're looking for her, thatll spell disaster all over the Thickety," I replied.

"True..."

(Y/N) was asleep in her human form on the floor where she was tied. It was hard for me to look at her tied up and hurt. Tom must've seen how I was looking at her, because he said,"Tord, she's going to be fine. We all know that."

"Right..."

We heard Tia's voice come from below the cave. "Hey, guys, I'm back!" I looked down the edge to see her helping a boy about her age with blonde hair. When she got to the cave, the boy was panting and sweating bulletts. "You didn't tell me I had to climb!"

"I told you I hang out in a cave on a mountain side. What did you expect?" We laughed for a short while.

"So, is this the person you told us about? Who can help us?" I asked.

"Not quite. I wanted to get Safi, but she supposedly ran away. My friend, Hunter, wanted to help."

"Hi," Hunter squeaked.

"Hey. I'm Tord," I replied. He shook out hands and learned our names. We told him the story of what happened to (Y/N) and his back snapped sttaight when I mentioned that (Y/N) only changes back in her sleep.

"I have an idea of what happening to her..."