Almost There

[Edd's Pov.]

I skipped all the way to a nearby stream. Tord was walking behind me and shouted,"How can you skip for so long!?"

"What do you mean? We just left."

"No! We've been out for like thirty minutes!"

I shrugged and stopped at the river. I was looking down at the water when Tord tapped my shoulder and pointed out the flowers Tiana had described to us. I looked around for something to grab it with like a stick or something, but Tord was already wading through the water and getting a couple. "Tord, don't do that! You'll get sick!" I shouted. He simply shrugged and waded back with three of the huge flowers in his hands.

After placing then carefully in the basket, we walked back. Tia was surprised that we managed to get some. They were supposedly really hard to find in the part of the Thickety we were looking in.

"Maybe it was magic!" Hunter joked, patting (Y/N)'s head.

"Yeah right, Hunter. You talk to animals, Tia does, like, everything, what can I do?," I said. "Control plants?" We all had a good laugh except Tia. She looked like she was thinking about something.

Tia looked up at me and said,"Let me see your hands for a second." I nodded and held out both hands. She gently rubbed my palms and said,"Well, you're using some kind of magic, that's for sure." Once Tia let go, I questioned why I would have magic in me. From all I knew, Mom and Dad didn't have an ancestry of witches or anything.

"How can you tell?" I asked.

"I'm a wexari," she replied, handing one of the large flowers to Hunter. "What do you expect?"

"Wait, so you're telling me that Edd might be a wexari?" Tom asked.

"Well, yes and no. Wexari are more complex," Tia started saying. "Wexari can do pretty much anything if theyre educated. Those who aren't taught or just have a talent for it- or something alike- are usually limited to one top I of magic." She turned to me after helping Hunter tear off the petals from the flowers. "For Edd, he might be able to control plants."

I thought about it as they fed the flower to (Y/N).

[3rd Person Pov.]
When (Y/N) swallowed the petals, she coughed for a good minutes. Hunter and Tia looked at each other with worried looks.

"Wha-What's happening?" (Y/N) squeaked.

Tord was about to walk over to her, but Tia held him back. "It's only meant for her to talk, not act." Tord nodded and took a step back.

"(Y/N), Tord, Edd, Tom, and Tiana are here," Hunter said to her.

"R-Really? Where are we?"

"In the Thickety," Tia said.

"What!? How!?"

"You literally dug under the ocean to get here. We had to follow you," Tord explained.

(Y/N)'s monster side softened. She slumped and looked down.

"I saw what I did," she said. "I ruined the house and everything."

"No, no, it's fine," Edd assured her. "Mason is fine, too. He's with Pau and Pat."

"Good," she said flatly. "It's not good for someone his age to see his mom to be..." She looked for the right word for about five seconds. "...thing..."

"(Y/N), I need to ask you something," Tord said. "Do you have any idea where you are?"

"I'm not sure, but it reminds me of the tree you proposed to be at." (Y/N) chuckled. "It has all our stuff at it. It feels like a dream..."

Tia snapped her fingers. "That's it! Who here can lucid dream?"

Edd slowly raised his hand. "Perfect. We'll need you to get as much information about the tree and lucid dream yourself there. I'll stay up tonight to make sure you two are in the same dream."

"What!? Ok, Tia, this may sound cliche, but you are not staying up all night," Hunter said.

"Hunter, I got this. I know what I'm doing."

That night, Edd fell asleep. He knew what the tree looks like from (Y/N) and everything, so he was confident in what he was about to do.

"Am I here?" Edd mumbled to himself. He looked up to see a tree with pink blossoms flowing down. He saw a familiar head of (H/C) hair at the top. His eyes swelled with tears as he ran up.

"(Y/N)!" Edd shouted. (Y/N) looked up from the trinket in her hands and embraces her older twin brother.

"Edd! I missed up so much!" Edd felt (Y/N)'s tears soak his hoodie at his shoulder. He stroked her head, whispering things like "It's alright, I'm here" and "Everything is going to be ok."