Finally Some Help

[Tia's Pov.]

Hunter looked at (Y/N) and gulped. Oh god... I thought to myself. Is he really going to do it?

Hunter inched closer to (Y/N). He stroked her head a couple times before (Y/N) sprang up from her slumber. Her skin grew (F/C), her mouth disappeared, her eyes fused together, and two horns camebout from the sides of her head. Hunter just smiled and said,"Hey, there, (Y/N). I'm Hunter."

(Y/N) receded, being not used to understanding English as a wex. "It's alright. Tord, Edd, Tom, and Tia are all here," he said in his most comforting voice. He held out a hand as a gesture of kindness and (Y/N) hesitantly took it as her skin color returned. When she was fully human again, I stopped Tord from running over to her.

"Give her time, Tord," I whispered to him. He nodded and looked down.

"(Y/N), tell me where you are," Hunter said. (Y/N) growled at him a couple times before returning as a wex. The skin covering her moith snapped and she attempted to bite Hunter. Hunter backed away before this could happen and turned to Tord.

You see, Hunter had always had the talent just to talk to animals. In the village where he came from, Sordyr made every girl 6 and older take a test where they were given a grimoire to see if they were a witch. If they said they saw a spell, they were a witch and they were either killed or used as a weapon against another village or other things similar. One thing Sordyr forgot ws that boys and men could have the talent to do little magic unless they were a wexari like me.

"She told me everything," Hunter said. Tord put his hands on Hunter's shoulders. "What happened!? Where is she?"

"She told me she was in some meadow at a tree with trinkets that made her remember things. She said she saw a man in the distance with a white shirt and black pants. She said that the man was named William Westfall."

I saw Edd's face go white. "Isn't Westfall like the leader of that other village?..."

"Yes, that's true. William was going to be Fen'de, but a girl named Grace cursed him to become possessed with the spirit of a witch hunter named Timoth Clen," I said. I knew well too much about this story. "That must mean they're both possessed. I'm guessing either Sordyr made her come here as a wex or she is just drawn here like every monster that lives here."

Tord looked content with the answers he was given. "She told me some other small things like there was a family picture but she was scratched out and there was a record player playing the same song over and over again."

Tord gave a soft smile. "What song?"

"It was like For Forever or something like that."

Tord chuckled. "She always did like that song..." I saw Tord's eyes go moist and Tom pat him on the back. Edd's body tensed and he pursed his lips. He suddenly relaxed and softly sang. "All we see is sky... For forever... We let the world pass by... For forever... Like we'll be alright for forever... This way."
Tom and Tord smiled at him and I found myself smiling at the ground. The song sounded like something (Y/N) would listen to. (Y/N) calmed a little next to her cave wall. "It's good that you guys are accepting facts now. The tension in the air here isn't good for a wex," Hunter said, petting (Y/N) on the head.

"It's late guys. Let's get to bed so that we can try to help (Y/N) tomorrow," I said. The four of them nodded. I magic-ed up some matresses, making Edd ask how I did it. All I said was "It's magic, Edd-The most feared thing on this island."

[Edd's Pov.]

The next morning was better than the others we'd had in the Thickety. We actually slept well and the next morning, (Y/N) was showing signs of recognition towards us. That was a first.

I noticed that Tia was asking Hunter if he needed any help with anything like every five minutes. I'm pretty sure Tom and Tord noticed that too. (Y/N) was asleep when Hunter stood back up and stretched his arms. "She's acting fine. (Y/N) is still there, she just needs a little more time." He nudged Tia. "Be proud of Tia for picking the right guy to help." The three of us chuckled as Tia's face grew red.

"T, can I go explore for a bit? U want to see if there's anything around here we can use for (Y/N)," I asked. Tia thought for a bit.

"Sure. There's a plant that can help an animal talk for an hour, so we'll just need that. It looks like a ragged purple flower with a red center and yellow leaves." I heard Hunter whisper "Smarty pants" to her as he nudged her. She nudged him back in the arm and he rubbed his arm in pain.

"Sure! Anyone wanna come?" Tord rose his hand. "Tom can't be protecting you all the time."

We left the cave with a weaved basket.