Chapter 49 - Secrecy

Hello my dears. So how did you like the last chapter? Was your thirst for blood satisfied? Hahaha. Iba talaga pag bibis ang binangga, we become bloodthirsty. 

We're moving towards the end of this fic, I hope the journey was as enjoyable for you as it was for me. I already have a new fic in the works, will post a teaser her soon! I hope it will be as well-received as Girl Friday, my most voted and read fic so far :) 

There's a war brewing between the lovebirds, and it's going to be interesting to see how they will handle it. A really nice but attractive girl meeting your boyfriend and you can't find a reason to hate her....hmmm, ang hirap diba? But don't worry, this is not a third party arc, please, you know me. 

Not sure if I'll have another update tonight, we'll see ok? For now, enjoy the read :)

After first aid was applied on Clive's injuries, he was escorted to his workstation to pick up his personal belongings. Security detained him to wait for the cops to pick him up, after which he was taken to the precinct, where Richard followed to file a complaint against him.

He instructed Manong Rod to take Maine home to the Heights, and took an Uber from the precinct to follow Maine. He called her to check how she was.

"Hello, Maine?"

"RJ........are you ok?"

"I am now. They locked him up already"

"Malayo ka pa ba?"

"Siguro I'm thirty minutes away. How are you?"

"Relieved now because you called."

"Sorry, I should have called earlier."

"Ok lang, just get here in one piece."

He arrived to the wonderful smell of food cooking. The thought of marital bliss, going home to a scenario like this came to mind. It was a heart-warming thought; going home to Maine with a little something for her and their children, enjoying a home-cooked dinner and cuddling with their kids before bedtime.

She came to the door with a wide smile on her face, and hugged him tightly. His right hand was caught in between their bodies, making him involuntarily groan in pain. She pulled away and saw how he gingerly held his hand.

"Oh my goodness, anong nangyari sa kamay mo?"

"It's nothing, Maine."

"Your knuckles are bleeding, baby anong ginawa mo kanina?"

"I'm sorry......I know you didn't want me to hit him pero......he provoked me."

"My God, what if he sues you? I don't want you to—"

"Ok, stop. That's not going to happen. Camille and Karla were there, they promised to testify it was in self-defense. I was about to leave to avoid a physical confrontation but he came after me."

"Did he hit you?"

He smirked. "He never had the chance. I finally put my Muay Thai lessons to good use. He had it coming."

She kissed him then, pulling his head to reach his mouth. With her mouth pressed to his, her fears settled. He was here, unhurt for the most part, and Clive was behind bars for the meantime. Their relationship would now be out in the open, and she no longer cared about the talk it would bring. She was going to fight back now.

She kissed the back of his damaged hand, caressing it with her thumb.

"Thank you for protecting me."