Chapter 56 - Homecoming

Okay guys, I know it's too early for a chapter like this but hey, why not? Harot at 5:00 AM, the right pampagising to start your day!

Thank you for the overwhelming majority that wanted Book 2 for this fic, and so I guess you'll be seeing Girl Friday come back soon, maybe after Mixed Signals. Will the RichAnn ship sail on Book 2 as well? Hehe, abangan!

Going back to this chapter, our couple is now moving towards starting their new life together. Maine will be graduating soon, and Richard's surprise will finally be revealed in the next chapter! So watch out for that. Meanwhile, enjoy this morning pampainit, #triggerdt ako from all the SPG talk with my mutuals last night, so here we go, have fun with this :)

It was her last day in the office, and she was missing Richard badly. He needed to go out of the country for the new business, and it was a five-day trip to Italy. He still wouldn't say what the new business was, but she trusted him enough by now. She opted to stay a few days more in the office since he was out of the country anyway, and also because she wanted to say goodbye properly to the people who had been nice to her.

By 6:00 in the evening, she hugged Eileen and Billy goodbye and loaded her stuff in the Q7, teary-eyed and with mixed feelings. She sought out and hugged Richard Sr., apologizing for having to leave, but he totally understood, and wished her well. In the one year that she stayed in this office, so many things happened, and it felt like she was a different person leaving now.

She was going home to the heights tonight, where Richard was already waiting. Still jetlagged, he told her he was taking a nap while waiting for her to come home. She herself dozed off on the way home, not wanting to sit through the traffic. She was eager to see him again, and hoped she would be home by the time she woke up.

He was still asleep when she arrived, sprawled on the bed. She looked at him still in deep sleep, most likely exhausted from the flight, and hesitated to wake him up. She kissed him on the cheek and decided to take a shower first, hoping he would be awake by the time she was done.

She undressed herself inside the bathroom and turned the hot water on, turning the knob to get the right temperature. When it was the right mix of hot and cold, she went in and started with her shower. She didn't notice the shower door open, and an arm reached out from behind, a hand cupping her breast.

She smiled and turned to him.

"Welcome home baby."

A/N : Manood tayo ng sabay mag-shower :p