Chapter 17: A Death in the Family

Two weeks later after the mission on Mon Calamari, the Jedi and Clones returned to Coruscant, and the Gungans returned to Naboo. Darrel was in his quarters resting. He started having a nightmare about his mother, named Claale. She was in danger. Darrel started shaking, then he woke up in fear, he was sweating. He left his room, and went out to the temple balcony to the sunrise. Ahsoka came out to see Darrel on the balcony. Ahsoka noticed how quiet Darrel was, then she turned back and walked back inside the temple.

"Don't go." Darrel said.

Ahsoka stopped and looked back at Darrel. She came in front of him, and put her arms around Darrel's back.

"I sense something is bothering you. What's wrong?" Ahsoka said.

Darrel didn't say anything, he sighed and held Ahsoka close to him. Ahsoka looked at him and put her hand on Darrel's cheek.

"Tell me." Ahsoka pleaded.

"I had a vision. I saw my mother, she's suffering." Darrel said.

A tear started to come down Darrel's eye, Ahsoka hugged him tightly, attempting to comfort him.

"What should we do, love?" Ahsoka asked.

"I have to go Alderaan, alone." Darrel replied.

"No! I'm coming with you, Darrel." Ahsoka said.

"Fine, let's get going." Darrel replied.

Ahsoka smiled and kissed Darrel's cheek. Then the two Padawans went to the hanger, and got into their starfighters and left the hanger. Once they were in hyperspace, the hooked their starfighters unto hyperspace rings. Then they went into hyperspace.

Later, they jumped from hyperspace, the planet Alderaan was right in front of them. The Padawans detached their starfighters, and flew down to the planet. The Padawans landed on the city's landing platform, the Padawans exited their ships.

"Where's your parent's residence?" Ahsoka asked.

Ahsoka held Darrel's hand and locked her fingers in his hand. Darrel smiled and walked to parents residence, it was a big house.

"We're here, this is my house." Darrel said.

Darrel clicked the doorbell and waited for a response, then the door opened, a thirteen year old boy, named Mormen, saw Darrel and Ahsoka in front of the house. Mormen was Darrel's younger brother. Mormen jumped up and down in joy as he saw his older brother. Darrel hugged Mormen tightly, Mormen returned the hug. Then the two released each other and smiled at each other.

"It's been a long time, brother. How life as a Jedi?" Mormen asked.

"It's going well, Mormen." Darrel replied.

Mormen smiled and looked over at Ahsoka, he smiled at her then looked back at Darrel.

"Who's your friend?" Mormen asked.

"Her name is Ahsoka Tano, and she is my girlfriend." Darrel replied.

"Nice to meet you, Ahsoka. My name is Mormen Lak." Mormen said.

"Nice to meet you as well, Mormen." Ahsoka replied.

"So, what brings you back home, Darrel?" Mormen asked.

"I've come to see our mother." Darrel replied.

"Come inside. Father is inside." Mormen said.

Darrel, Ahsoka, and Mormen entered the house. The door closed behind them, they entered a library inside the house. They saw a older man inside, he was Darrel's father, his name was Hetmar. Hetmar looked over to see his older son, he smiled and walked over to him. Darrel shook his father's hand.